Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arikado
May 9, 2008

Good games in the XBL goon room tonight guys. Had a packed house for a while!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arikado
May 9, 2008

That's a pretty solid early tier list. I'd bump Green Lantern up to S and Killer Frost up to S-, though.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

You got it right there. Playing GL right they should be scared to hit buttons midscreen, b13 if it wasn't for the ridiculousness of Superman f23 would be the best string in the game, he has fantastic zoning, options and gimmicks, the best f3 overhead in the game. Guy is just the total package.

Pretty much what I was going to say. He does everything well and I don't think he really has any glaring flaws. He's just solid all the way around and can work with just about any play style.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Edit: The most annoying thing about watching Aris play Deathstroke in tournaments is the fact he plays him exactly like people online do. He doesn't even try to combo. I guess do it if it works, but it's boring to watch.

Wolfkrone has been playing Deathstroke on Arturo's stream, and it is a lot more fun to watch because he'll go in and knows combos. Some of DS's combos look like a huge hassle to pull off.

If people don't want to block, want to keep jumping, and can't adapt, they are going to get zoned the gently caress out. Aris is just playing to the strengths of his character. To say he doesn't try to combo is ridiculous. He'll use a combo whenever he gets the chance up close. Thing is, he usually doesn't need to combo because he's so good with his spacing and projectiles that people hardly get near him.

The bit I've seen Wolfkrone play, he's the one that plays more like a random online warrior. J3's all over the place, bad machine guns, and wake up sword twirls and flips. He's new to the game, but still, calling him more entertaining than Aris is a pretty big stretch, in my opinion.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

He almost never does any combos over 6 hits that I've seen. I'm not judging him for playing by zoning almost entirely, and I'm pretty sure I was clear in saying I didn't hold that against him. I was just saying it's boring to watch. The statement about him being like random XBL people was because he only zones, he doesn't even attempt to fight in close, perhaps I haven't seen him play enough.

And I don't think you've seen Wolfkrone play too much if all you've seen him do is spam j3. He does need to lay off the wake up df3 though.

He's hit some pretty nice combos before, but like I said, he usually doesn't need to. Deathstroke shouldn't attempt to fight in close unless he absolutely has to. I like watching Aris play because A) he knows he's frustrating the hell out of the other player and B) watching good zoning is different than watching someone who has no idea or plan other than SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. A good player can pick apart bad zoning, but I like watching the chess match between a good zoner and someone who knows how to fight it. Different strokes :haw: for different folks, though.

I probably haven't watched Krone play enough, plus the bit I've seen has just been online, so it's not the best way to judge his play. Hitting that df3 is just way too tempting for most Deathstrokes though, it seems.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Then once you have that habit you can spend just as much time unlearning it after getting mixed up by his f21 a hundred times.

Or by getting thrown! :flashfact:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Practical Batgirl infinite setups by NerdJosh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQp6yx-3ibI

Tempting to learn these and troll ranked with them until it's patched out.

Edit: ...which Rip is doing right now! http://www.twitch.tv/levelupyourgame

Arikado fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 22, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I want Blue Lantern Flash. :colbert:

One of Flash's costumes doesn't count because gently caress three-starring all of STAR Labs.

Arikado fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 22, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

IronMcHardSteel posted:

I want a costume that removes Flash from the game. That would be the best one.

AndyElusive posted:

Flashless Flash DLC.

Make it happen Ed Boon.

Eat poo poo, both of you. :colbert:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Oh god dammit, I didn't get a chance to join the Batgirl party. :smithicide:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Character auction tournament going on now! http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

The Joker went for more money than Superman. :psyduck:

Edit: Welp, beaten to it!

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Black Adam is going to go for a ton if he's one of the last three.

Edit: Welp, so much for that.

Arikado fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 25, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I would have jumped all over Flash for that cheap. It was in the low $20s, if I remember correctly.

Wow, one game, single elimination?! I forgot Keits was that brutal.

The Joker just finished Batgirl with a gunshot. :v:

Arikado fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 25, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

$18 Green Lantern is still blowing my mind. He just turned that investment into what, 300-400 bucks?

Arikado
May 9, 2008

SuddenBlackout posted:

GGs tonight, lots of fun was had. Stream is archived on my channel if you wanna re watch any matchups or something.

Upload a YouTube video of rubdown Hawkgirl highlights.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I'm too lazy to make a full list, but I'd say top five are Superman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Batman, and Black Adam.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Back in the old Injustice thread I tried to predict most of this...

Holy poo poo, that's pretty close if you combine his super and win pose.

I think he looks pretty cool. Way back when the game was announced, I always had a thought that someone like Scorpion or Sub Zero would be included as a hidden character or something. I'm not really bothered by his inclusion. His intro, clash, and win pose are all awesome.

I would have preferred Johnny Cage, though. :saddowns:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Gonna try to grab a PS3 copy while that sale is going on. I'd like to play with the PSN goons as well, but I get the feeling it's going to stock out almost immediately.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Rugpisser posted:

Injustice(X360) for 9.99 going on over at gamestop.com though the site is molasses atm.

It's $9.99 on the PS3 as well. I have one in my cart but can't do anything with it. :negative:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

MrMoose posted:

Got a gateway timeout trying to add it to my cart :( Guess I won't be getting this after all.

I just got one waiting for the shipping address page to load.

Edit: I get a page that says "the service is unavailable" now whenever I try to access my cart. :smithicide:

Arikado fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 4, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

BLORCH :allears:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Aww man, I wanna play in the tournament, but I likely won't be able to make it. :(

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I say let Scorpion rock at CEO and see what happens. He is really loving good, but it's too early to be screaming for a ban, I think. v:shobon:v

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Ed Boon says a lot of things.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Scorpion's gonna be pickable at CEO. Jebailey's hoping that a show of how strong the character is will prompt a general consensus toward banning him at Evo, apparently.

Good. I can't wait to see the :qq: all weekend.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

July 2nd patch notes: http://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-patch-v105-release-notes

quote:

Placing The Flash in his Running Man Stance (Down+Down+2) now also sets him to a “ducking” position.

:dance:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Krad posted:

^^^^

I thought that was always the case? :confused:

The timing was strict and even then it was spotty, lots of projectiles would still hit. Now it looks like he's considered to be ducking the entire time before hitting forward.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

I wonder what the d+2 change means? My first thought is damage scaling but why wouldn't they note that if so?

I'm guessing they'll be more reliable anti airs. At least, I'm hoping so... Flash could really use it.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I just signed up. Been playing more SFIV lately, so hopefully I didn't forget everything about Injustice. :v:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Anyone on Xbox wanna play? Haven't played in a while and want to shake some of the rust off before the tourney tomorrow night.

Edit: Thanks for the set Rage! Killer Frost is extremely tricky. I think you should go nuts with the slides, they're hard to punish. After the freeze and the 50/50 set up, I was trying a handful of options to escape. Can you not reversal after being unfrozen? Or is it just a pure block guess?

Arikado fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 2, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Fun tournament, good games everyone I played! Time to retire and play DOTA 2 forever. :flashfap:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

Arikado won? Hot drat please tell me someone recorded all his matches :flashfap:

SuddenBlackout streamed a handful of my matches, so I'm guessing he has the archives.

Unbound posted:

The Flash Wins the Mass Bounty

But really, good games to all involved. It was a good one.

This is the happiest day of my life.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

It looks like the grand finals aren't archived yet. That was actually our first match of the tournament. I knocked him to losers, but he fought all the way back to grand finals. Good poo poo Blackout!

EDIT: Here we go. Grand finals start at about 18:40: http://www.twitch.tv/suddenblackout/b/425089681

Also, sponszi has a really good Batgirl. That character is really scary, 50/50s galore.

Arikado fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 3, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

SuddenBlackout posted:

Good poo poo to Arikado for running me over with the Flash train. Its been a minute since we played last so I forgot his tendency to go overhead most of the time meaning I was low blocking way more than I should have. GGs all around tho.

Next set we play, I'm just gonna go low every time. :v:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Unbound posted:

I really do hope that 'Cage' 'Kang' and 'Zero' aren't any references to any Mortal Kombat Character.

gently caress you, Johnny Cage would be awesome.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Speaking of the Xbox tournament, it's tomorrow night. Here's the signup: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8zgecb4YHg

Don't think I'm gonna be able to make this one. :saddowns:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Boy, Test Your Might is just an awful, awful place. :toxx:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

They're also the biggest group of whiny bitches on the planet.

:qq: Superman is too good! KDZ sucks! My character deserves to be better! Patch everything! This game is too easy! :qq:

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I haven't played in forever but I'm gonna beat you nerds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arikado
May 9, 2008

My body wasn't ready for Bane.

• Locked thread