Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dosvidanya posted:

I hope they have subtitles for her when she talks backwards during clashes.

She would only speak backwards during specials and supers, or maybe a weird string since she would be casting. She would most likley just insult you during a clash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Well that's just plain dumb. :saddowns:

no, making his punches unblockable would be really dumb unless they suddenly had horrible recovery after a whiff.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Holy poo poo, NRS could do a mint only implementing new costumes. The whole Red Son 2 pack is worth any price. And Boon is teasing a Robin and a John Stewart alt :flashfap:

If they are smart Robin would be a pack like the killing joke with Injustice(from the mini series), Classic (drake), and new 52 skins. And Jon Stewart would be part of a 3 lantern pack with Kyle and Guy. They don't even have to change the voices, it would be fine just as is.

Then again I also want a "new characters" costume pack with Bizzaro, Jay Garrick, and Hawkman costumes for Superman, Flash, and Hawkgirl.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Ximum posted:

Nah, that's Superman.

Holy poo poo! Superman has a rolling suplex into elbow drop and puffy vest costume in this game? Who is this game's Ralph?

Does Scorpions air teleport punch count as a cross-up similar to Superman's air-dash into cross-up jumping attack?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is a long shot, but it would be so dope if they got Michael Shannon to do Zod's voice.

How can you misspell Terrance Stamp so badly?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Previously if you were crouching you would block it, and get a (relatively) easy punish. Now if you crouch, it whiffs and you get an (i assume) more difficult punish, or if you stand block it you get a very easy punish, but stand blocking teleport is very difficult. So before, it was easier to punish if you crouch, and now it's harder to punish if you crouch (the most common scenario) but easier to punish if you stand block.

can't you just punish the teleport really easy with a c.light or uppercut though?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Kind of off topic, but I started watching Justice League/JLU on Netflix(which just got added recently) because of this show. It's why I brought up the Joker handbuzzer thing in my last post. So many characters that I want to see introduced in this game, and now, not later. Clayface, Killer Croc, Vandal Savage. Hell, even dudes I've never heard of before like Metamorpho. The sudden success of this game has me so excited for Injustice 2. They should basically just add like 30 dudes and smooth out the issues with this one and call it a day. Hell if I pay 60 bucks a year for a Call of Duty I might as well do it for a game with a buncha wicked awesome superheroes.

If they drop anyone except Scorpion I'll be mad, though.

edit: And Lobo I guess. Having seen the episode of Justice League with Lobo in it though, I totally get it now. I get it guys. I'm in on the joke now. I'm not rolling my eyes at the pixelated middle finger any more.

A lot of those should be background characters due to over-baturation of Bat characters, or they wouldn't be very unique like Vandal Savage who's power is... not dying. That being said, a gently caress ton more background characters and more iconic DC universe locations is noting but a good thing.

WarEternal posted:

You should watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold too, because it's super good and also showcases a bunch of DC characters like JL does.

The second best Batman show. It also has the best Captain Marvel ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDerS_AaH8

And B'wana Beast is too awesome in that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D05EvUvX1sk&list=PLAF27D4EF686E8833

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Has anyone else been having issues trying to download the Man of Steel costume for Superman? Every time I try and purchase it says it's not available.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Adam West Batman :colbert:

Already in Arkham Origins.

It's either Jon Stewart, Robin (though he should get a killing joke esq 3 pack), or GL Sinestro most likely.

I'm still hoping for Bizzaro, and Guy Gardner voiced by Denis Leary, but those will never happen :(

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Wait, Red Son isn't just "What if Superman landed in Soviet Russia", but "What if the Soviets had like, EVERY HERO". Because that's just alot less interesting a concept than I had imagined.

Superman landed in the Ukrainian stat farms, and became Stalin's enforcer until his death, then Superman took over, cause who is gonna challange a god? Batman, thats who! His parents were killed by the state, and he became an anarchist who hates communist Superman. Wonder Woman has the hots for Superman and is still from Thymiscira (I butchered that spelling) and Lex Luthor becomes the greatest president ever and makes America the equivlent of a Star Trek Utopia not to make the world a better place for his fellow man, but as a giant gently caress YOU to Superman after he let his communism spread to the rest of the world.

Lex also used Abin Sur's ring and synthesized it to make a whole fuckload of American GL corps with Hal Jordan under command of it. And I think that's the full extent of the who's who from Red Son, and I haven't read it in years. I don't think Deathstroke was ever in the book.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Elseworlds are like that. They don't just take one change and build an interesting story from the deviation, they change whatever the gently caress they feel like to make themes work, without "explaining" them. Russian Batman stands out the most and bugged me too, but the character (and the whole comic) is good enough that I'm willing to overlook it.

Hey, that's a great way to incentivize people to read it, there.

That wasn't every plot twist, just all the major DC characters and who they are in the book. It's still loving awesome and if anyone hasn't read it and has access to it, they should.

I love that rumor, though he had better play totally different than Zatanna.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Oooh, I'd like it if it is. I never got that email even though I did the WBID thing and all.

In that case, I would love it since I totally spaced out and forgot to do the WBID thing at all, while Yardbomb has a good chance of receiving one since he is apparantly not a fucktard who forgets things like me.

mrxjacobs@gmail.com if you care, if not, its cool.

Has there been any rumors or even talks about new DLC stages? Even if they are transitionless?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
That does look loving sweet and, but the only costume Superman still needs is the classic 1950s-2010 look and that's it, with a possible exception for Bizzaro if they have the right voice and mannerisms. Just give the whole drat cast who aren't Cyborg, Raven, and Harley their classic costumes already dammit.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Batwoman... :eng99:

Also, I'm assuming Cyborg Superman will have the "Kneel before me..." win pose?

Or just blows up coast city. But that would be too goddamned amazing, and make Superman even more popular.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Spaceman Bill posted:

Yeah I doubt Michael Shannon would do it.

Also who cares about having a Grayson Robin skin when you can have a Grayson Batman skin?

Seeing as how Batman has how many skins it would be kind of stupid, since he just needs his classic Neal Adamns skin and be done with him. Besides, Dick Grayson needs more costumes and Robin is perfect for it.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

WarEternal posted:

I frequently hear people complain about how they don't like mirror matches, but I've always enjoyed playing the mirror match in pretty much any FG. What do you guys think? I'm especially fond of Superman vs. Superman online because they always seem to rely on his gimmicky stuff and if you just play solid you can win every time.

I never liked them because I always liked the difference in fighting styles and how they interact with eachother. It can also become kind of boring when an optimal strategy and combos have been discovered so it's just two players with the same gameplan trying to land the exact same thing.

Lurdiak posted:

The issue I have with Injustice mirror matches is that the alt colors of many default skins are functionally identical to the main colors, making poo poo hard to follow. Batman takes the cake with the default skin and Insurgency skin being the same drat costume on top of having no real difference between P1 and P2 color schemes.

Injustice Batman's alt color is ghetto Batman Begins, very different from the original color palate.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Looking forward to all the Superman and Batman buffs NRS has planned.

Superman is just a lovely design and needs to be nerfed due to the sheer safeness of everything he does combined with his retarded zoning and corner damage. But as far as I know Batman is all about safe trait pressure and resets, which aren't nearly as obvious to nerf. What makes him so good that he needs to be taken down a peg? Honestly curious.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

KOMI posted:

"NetherRealm's producer, Adam Urbano mentions that the graphics for Injustice were actually toned down for current gen consoles. Next gen owners will be able to play their game in 1080p resolution at the same 60 frames per second. It sounds like NetherRealm Studios had a plan for next gen consoles all along."

Pretty neat. Will believe it when I see it though.

I assume the PC version already had this, at the cost of a smaller playerbase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Gilok posted:

Holy poo poo I am bad at this game and fighting games in general. Is there any way to increase the time allowed to combo or something because I can't finish the tutorial.

Specifically, I'm doing the 1,1,2,DF1 combo and I can do the 1,1,2 part but the DF1 just never goes off and I am trapped in the tutorial forever.

unlike Tekken or Street Fighter, the game uses the weird Mortal Kombat style combos where canceling a 1,1,2 into a df1 is to input the combo as quickly as possible for basic cancels. So just do 1,1,2df1 as fast as possible rather than wait till the last hit to cancel like in Street Fighter.

Bigger combos have a slight timing issue where you have to set up an launcher after a pop-up but for a beginner just keep that trick in mind if trying to cancel into a special.

• Locked thread