Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

Imagine knowing this guy and going to the same tournament, in the same game, where this fellow is the #1 player in your region. On the (only) upside, it's given me the drive to train like a fiend so I can (try to) take him down and say that was for that comment.

Seriously, what on this EARTH, man!? :wtc: :barf:

That said, it seems you can now tech roll out of meter burned Oa's Rocket . Green Lanterns like myself don't have access to braindead okizeme anymore. I tested it pre-patch and you couldn't before (unless something in training was bugged).

Eh, the change makes sense enough, and I can certainly adjust.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

I'm well interested in this. I signed up mainly because it's been a long time since I played with goons. I'm looking forward to seeing how well I've caught up with Green Lantern.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

4th out of 7 (1-2 sets, 3-4 matches) is quite fine. Good games to ErrantElement/AndyElusive/Sinestros Among Us, DarkTzitzimine, and Unbound.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Matches I recorded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?_OH_anw1kBI
(Errant Element: Sinestros Among Us.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTOklDFknzI
(DarkTzitzimine (Bane) and Unbound (Scorpion))

deepshock fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 22, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Online practice is a pretty cool mode in my opinion. Thanks Steel Colossus for joining in on that.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Sometimes, the scrubby excuses people make when they lose are true. Nevertheless, good games SuddenBlackout and Unbound. 1-2 (3-4 on matches) is acceptable even if the 1 was on a bye, and the excitement these SA tourneys bring is always nice.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 3, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

I'm surprised that for one match I managed to outzone a Cyborg, whether or not it was under harsh net conditions.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Sometimes, it's all I need. (You'll never guess which one they're talking about. I know this is Overheads: The Game, but GL has jumpins, an in-air special move (the rocket), a mixup string (b12) and F3. Except for air rocket and b12, they're the same overheads everyone else has. Block low every once in a while please. Even b12 is only necessary if the b1 doesn't hit first for me to 3 off of.)

Edit: I have a knowledge of a fair few more combos than that. B134 and so on is just the easiest one for me to get going.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 5, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

I can start a room on xbl if any goons want to play this game.

Room name: GoonJustice

deepshock fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 18, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Good games deepshock you definitely got better.

Really? Thanks. If I can take a single match off of you that is a massive improvement.

Also, what am I supposed to do against okizeme EX Orbital? I can't dash in or out or even jump. If you time it right, as far as I know, you can just blow your entire load of meter without consequence.

Edit: Feel free to ignore that PM of mine. It was frustration talking (self-directed, not at you.)

deepshock fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 18, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Right now you are staying at full screen too often. You should stay in a range where you can do hit with his air projectile and ring lift at least. As far as I know there isn't a way out of the missles when they get started at fullscreen. Maybe try that turbine charge in practice?

Sure thing. I'll try to get in to at least halfscreen more often, at least against Luthor.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

If you see me on xbox, and want me to play injustice, you can shoot me an invite as long as I'm not actively engaged in a match or set of matches with someone I know. If I don't respond, that's why.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Good games everyone! When I said "I wouldn't stop", it wasn't about jumping, but about training and going into events.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 23, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

GG everyone. I still need to find a way to recover from minor mistakes if I'm going to advance in any of these. I'll keep trying though, this is too much fun!

deepshock fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 30, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

I confess. I colluded with everyone.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

I want an Injustice 360 Goon tourney where Rubdown and Unbound get matched up first round.

I would love to see this. Both of them are very exciting players and seeing their styles against each other would be excellent.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Green Lantern got a really subtle nerf that could have a great effect at a high enough level. No 'OTG' window (which was originally 2 frames) after an EX meter burn. I assume this weakens some of the more ridiculous resets he can do off of that special move.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 24, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

The patch is up. GL's reset nerf doesn't feel that bad, and enhanced B3/F3 meterburns feel -so good-, especially as a damage option in combos.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

This is quite possibly the best ragequit picture I could have hoped for. Especially given that it's Green Lantern vs Sinestro. Yellow is fear. All it's missing is a message calling me a scrub and questioning several aspects of my personality and sexual characteristics.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

I managed second place in this game at a local major. Granted it was out of 6 people but it was still enough to make $2 ahead of the entry fee.

http://ralston.challonge.com/ltt2013injustice

• Locked thread