Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I bought the game full price on PSN two days ago :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm just starting to look at Black Adam stuff, and I found this pastebin from a youtube video:
http://pastebin.com/e2xMqCBq

I think a good thing to practice at first is the b23, up 1+3 combo (the one that ends with Black Adam throwing the opponent up, then back down and stomping on them), since it's used in a fair amount of his stuff. It's also one of the combos listed in the Move List in game. In the pastebin, it's written as 4M,H,8,8L+H because that text file uses the number pad notation for the stick positions.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

strangemusic posted:

Guilty Gear notation! What a bunch of :rant:

I kid, I kid. That pastebin is solid, thanks for posting it.

Much of the more damaging Adam stuff I've seen people doing comes from hitting 112 and continuing their combos after letting the opponent fall out of the juggle from B2,3, but the timing is annoyingly strict.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of the 112 continuation instead of the up1+3, but I'm super bad at landing the 112, so I just end it with the stomp :v:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

AndyElusive posted:

From the video it looks like Scorpions trait is something similar to Supermans. You can see him activate it a couple seconds after the clash when he gets surrounded by that flame aura. Though I'm unsure if his air throw is only accessible after the trait activation or if he has it all the time. Also it would be nice to see what his spear does when it's not meter burned, but I guess we'll see when he's available.
If anything, I'd expect it to be like Batman's grapple, where he just kicks you away, since the meter burn version looks like Batman's, where you get to follow up after it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I have Scorpion and I'm on PSN. I bought the Season Pass, though, so I don't know if he's up otherwise. Seemed like he was automatically added for me after the patch was installed.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
From the OP

Unbound posted:

I heard goons are good at this game. Mind sharing some knowledge?
EvilCanadian did a wonderful Superman Video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH3xCXqa124
Shadow Ninja 64 made an amazing write-up for Bane
Shadow Ninja 64 Also did a fantastic Green Lantern Combo Compendium.
If you would like me to add your guide, let me know

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If you have the Season Pass, did you check the character select screen to see if he's there? I have the pass, and I think it just downloaded alongside the patch. I didn't actively go and download Scorpion from the DLC list or anything, he just showed up in the Character Select screen after the patch downloaded/installed.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If you block Scorpion's regular teleport, he is incredibly vulnerable to be punished.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Scorpion-Superman intro and Lex-Doomsday victory were pretty great.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Arturo streaming some Martian Manhunter:

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Man, backdashing through all those eyebeams and the piano was great.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I like the Yoga Catastrophe.
Yoga Catastrophe Teleport mixups, aw yis

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I will forever hate Zod's air MB fireball.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I would play in the PS3 tourny, but I don't have access to my game consoles for awhile. Alas.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Premeditated Toast posted:

I haven't read too many things with Captian Atom in it but yeah it kinda sounds like he's Dr. Manhattan without the God-like Intelligence or Prescience. In other news, patch notes for Lex! I didn't know about the Aquaman glitch, but then again I think I've met maybe one Lex player total online.

Does that mean the probe is now unblockable? Because that's cool

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Sinestro will never get to keep his trait after clashes

The meter burn changes to B3/F3 are pretty interesting. I agree, they're pretty effective tools that weren't used all too often.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

kidrobotx posted:

There's a tournament at my school that I'm planning on entering because I need money (it's in a couple weeks). I've basically played no Injustice, but I do play a lot of SF4 and meet with the local FGC to play at least once a week. I talked to a couple guys at fight night last night and they told me that Superman is probably the overall better choice, but Deathstroke will destroy scrubs for minimal time investment. What character should I pick?
You could pick Green Lantern for easy confirms. Lift a dude and meter burn into a combo, go to town, woo. He also has some projectiles if you want to play lame.
Superman is pretty easy character to lazily play. Jump up, eye beam every now and then. If they're blocking low, meter burn. Sometimes shoot beams on the ground, and f23 funtimes, of course.

Doomsday is pretty rude, yeah. I hate that goddamned quake and meteor smash.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Pick Joker and only use gunshot

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPIxYAfxyf0

Arturo uploaded a video going over the patch notes for each character. There are some things he didn't immediately understand, but it's covering like 99% of the changes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Xbox One is Xbox Done (with Injustice)

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Are you using the D-pad or the analog stick? I've always found D-pads are better for fighters, but the 360's pad is garbage, so that may not be the case here.

I've been playing this at a friend's place, since I don't own my own copy, and even though I can hold my own (okay, I'm the only one that routinely plays fighters, so I usually win), but I can't figure out what circle on the PS3 version does for the life of me. Googling hasn't given me results, either. Can someone just give me a super-quick rundown? All I can see is "power move" and it usually seems to do nothing obvious.
Which characters are you playing? We can tell you what circle does for your characters, but as mentioned, it varies by individual, and you can check out stuff in the pause/moves menu.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Geektox posted:

I've been playing a bunch of this as a couch game with some buddies, none of us are any good at fighting games but we all enjoy fighting with some super powered mans.

If I wanted to start playing online, how do I get "good" or just better at this game, assuming I've never really played fighters at all?

I like playing Green Arrow and Green Lantern, if that's at all relevant.
At the very least, it's a good idea to get at least one decent combo down in training mode. That way you at least have something to go for and practice when you play with people. It's not a bad idea to start out with a relatively simple combo, practice it, then move onto longer/more complex stuff once you get the initial stuff to a comfortable level. SN64 has a nice post linked in the OP for Green Lantern. Your big bread and butter will involve the Lantern lift, b13, and maybe some 223 stuff.

Also, dunno if you're familiar with the annotation system, but 1 2 3 4 and various letters refer to inputs. 1 is your light attack, 2 is your medium attack, 3 is your heavy attack, and 4 is your trait. d represents down on the dpad, b is back, f is forward, u is up.
So if someone writes something like db1, that's the annotation for pressing down, back, and light attack (Lantern lift for Green Lantern).

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Mostly the Joker because he's basically a straight rip of Stryker from MK9, but since I'm not familiar with the game I tend to gently caress around with all sorts of guys. I'd like to learn Deathstroke but he's been a little tricky for me.
If I recall correctly, Joker's trait is a parry/counter move. I've never used it, though. I think it got buffed this past patch (maybe an older patch)?
Deathstroke's trait makes his bullets unblockable, but they also have a bunch of recovery added on at the end, so it's not a very useful trait to use because you become so vulnerable after shooting.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Injustice PC is $25 for another hour and a half on Steam. I picked it up~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
PC Injustice is quite sad. I only see a few full green bars at a time, most other connections are just molasses.

• Locked thread