Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

I nearly forgot about this. Injustice was a top 10 seller on the Playstation Store in the month of April in both NA and EU. Plus the season pass was a top 10 seller in DLC in NA for April. I could see them staying high up in sales through the summer as DLC is announced and released.

I didn't know it was available for digital download on day one. Wish I hadn't bought the disc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Why has the FGC suddenly a symbol of everything that's bad in this thread? We like to be competitive and play the game on a high level, that's not the same as calling you a jew when we lose. Guess what, people who bought the game just because the Joker is on the cover will also call you bad names when they get mad. It has nothing to do with whether they're a "fighting game player" or not.

I think you might be overreacting. He complemented fighting game goons for being helpful and not taking videogames too seriously.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Honestly I feel that Soonmot's posts were a generalization and then an overreaction and that you are vastly underestimating the potential for random folks to be the one sending hate messages because they don't understand the game past the level of "press button, punch dudes", just like AnonSpore said. I don't tend to play random people all that often, but even I have gotten "learn to play, fag" hatemail from the guy who never stops jumping/pressing buttons/not blocking/etc.

Also it sorta sucks to try and be helpful and answer folks' questions and then see people making generalizations like that about the "serious business no fun" fighting game funs.

I didn't get the impression that his post was directed at anyone here. It seemed like a harmless vent about pubbies.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yeqCnux1w

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Theres some odd stuff about the mechanics of jump attacks in this game. I think some people mentioned earlier that you have to buffer a string in as you're doing the jump in to get it to combo and I think the game acts like the jump attack is a part of the string as a result.

The mechanic of jump-in dial-a-combos actually dates back to UMK3.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Part of me kind of doubts they'll do more than four characters. They did that whole "we'll start with four and maybe more later!!!" thing with MK9 and we only ever got four.

People in those threads were similarly pissed about Freddy Kreuger in mk9. And just like the people in this thread, they were wrong.

In fact, Ed Boon said Freddy Kreuger was their best-selling DLC.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Fine with me. Maybe we'll get a few more Joker players.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I thought the Joker killed this person decades ago. What soap opera schlock.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Spacebump posted:

It used to basically be a rule with comics when I was growing up that if someone died they probably wouldn't stay dead except Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben. Then some writers got lazy.

Yeah. I thought Jason's death was a major historical event in the comics, like Barbara Gordon's paralysis.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

I dunno man. It's getting a lot of praise and I could see it being on par with SF4 or Marvel, with TTT2 at the very least.

I think Street Fighter and MvC have a historical legacy that will always make them the top-tier fighting games for the competitive community. In the general public, at least in America, I suspect games like Mortal Kombat might actually be more popular, but I don't have anything to base that on.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

A Fancy Bloke posted:

It's almost as if Deathstroke is unbalanced.

That statement doesn't follow from what was quoted.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For anyone interested, the Red Son skins are gonna be available for purchase next week.

I'm surprised they didn't do Batmankoff.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

I really should, but I'm afraid I'll actually like him. I don't like picking super heavy dudes like that because I get stuck in a rut with them. Tager ruined blazblue for me, for instance.

Just play what you like, man.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Complimented a rad ranked mode Joker I bumped into today who completely outzoned and set up my Sinestro in all sorts of crazy Joker ways..

:buddy:

Outta invite that guy to SA to play in some goon rooms.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

PerfectLegend kicking rear end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR-LbPNLDuQ

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

This ECT Brady vs. Reo set is amazing.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Brady vs. Reo finals were even crazier than their previous set.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

This was from a person who let me low kick him repeatedly to end the match. That's some classic Mortal Kombat whining.

Tell him to learn to press down.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

strangemusic posted:

I must be an idiot, but what's the Joker costume that isn't Vacation or Red Hood?

Killing Joke:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

I wonder if the rights are all tied up like the shows, but with Batgirl joining the cast now is the perfect time for a 60's Batman skin pack.

Well, there is a new comic:

I think it might look a little too silly in the realistic setting, though.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Dre2Dee2 posted:

They have Ame-Comi anime designs coming out. Nothing is too silly now :v:

That is a good point, my friend.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Given the marketing push for the new film, I'd be surprised if Zod wasn't the next character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Interstellar Owl posted:

I keep reading on the TestYourMight forums that Batman is a "noob character" and unviable in tournaments and stuff. Should I stick with Batman and get better or is he just bad/broken/lame and switch to a new character to learn that I like, like Aquaman/Joker/Nightwing.

Fan forums are mostly poo poo. Play what you like and what you're good at. That could even be multiple characters.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Cool, didn't realize that was a goon.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

I just can't think of many reasons why NRS wouldn't have included more unique pre and post fight animations.

I assume they were too busy with the enormous amount of content that did make it into the game.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Okay. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong that's considered bad showmanship in a fighting game.

Blocking isn't bad showmanship. More like basic competence. Feel free to join goon rooms when you want a break from the rabble.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Nique posted:

I keep seeing WW regarded highly but I have barely (if ever) seen her at a tournament. What gives?

Here's a decent overview of Wonder Woman's strengths:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHRLQafcJTE

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMB2CIivAhM

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I hope they patch it.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

He didnt scream about vengeance at all. I'm sad.

I'm sure he'll have some interesting clash dialogue.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Unbound posted:

It also really needed Dan Forden's 'Toasty' in it somewhere. Hopefully, it'll randomly happen on his d2, which looked to be the MK Uppercut.

Excuse me, I think you mean "HUH HUH HEE".

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Without a doubt it's Zod.
(Edit: and probably another Supes alt)

It's like he doesn't know everyone who follows him on Twitter also has access to other parts of the Internet where literally every secret about this season pass has already been leaked before Lobo even dropped.

Boon knows that what he posts gets people talking regardless.. I think he uses Twitter better than any other game developer I know of.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I knew Batmankoff had to be coming eventually.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

What a clusterfuck of messed up downloadable content and console stalling bugs. Never change NRS. :allears:

I wonder if it was Microsoft's fault that it was released early on Xbox Live

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Maximillion spends 20 minutes figuring out the secret counter to Scorpion's teleport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lmu9pW-AVA

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I like watching Maximillion's online match videos, but I can see how he'd grate on some people.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

There was a previous crossover game, and both franchises are owned by the same parent company, so it's like MK is just another Earth in the DC multiverse.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm curious, was there this much outrage over Freddy being in MK9?

Yes, and he ended up being the top-selling DLC character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Nice video, jmcrofts. It's fun watching good players in ranked matches.

• Locked thread