Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Interstellar Owl posted:

Is this a game I'm gonna seed a fight stick to do these insane combos that I see doing, I checked guides on shoryuken but they're all confusing and use a lot of complicated terms. Also, any tips for someone who'd like to find a character to main with? What kind of characters are wonder woman/flash/joker? (Ones I've found I like playing so far)

The game is designed with pad as the main control scheme, I think most of the top 'pros' play on pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

JackDarko posted:

How do I learn to anticipate overheads? Is it simpler than learning every character and their strings?

Could anybody that's played with me give me some pointers?

There's no way to accurately predict something if you don't know what the factors involved are.

You need to know which moves are overhead (or low, etc) and what situations they are best in before you can get into the higher 'meta' stuff about anticipating and 'reads'.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Attn: Jmcrofts (and anyone else interested in Bane):

There's some really good Bane gameplay from a recent tournament in Europe. It's definitely teaching me some things I didn't know: http://testyourmight.com/threads/bane-footage-from-coliseum-games.32407/

As a Bane player also these videos are really good watching, though as the guys brother goes on to say the guys he beats aren't too familiar with the matchup and thus it's a bit of a false impression of Bane's power.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Sorry if my post sounded like a criticism, it wasn't. I was planning on posting those videos here myself if nobody else had.

Thanks for the list of tech as well, I caught the crossup corner trick but missed the dash required to make it work (hence my awful flailing around in training mode trying to copy it). Those videos and the post in the thread really inspired me to stick with bane despite my run-ins with batmans and deathstrokes online.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

A Fancy Bloke posted:

It's almost as if Deathstroke is unbalanced.

No, it's not.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Interstellar Owl posted:

I'm still learning how to cancel moves, any tips on learning that? I really would like to get better with Joker, I love playing Doomsday but I'm looking for a third character that's not Grundy/Doomsday and I just love the Joker's moveset.

In the mentioned '32 (1 or 2 hits) XX bf2' you need to finish the bf2 input before the last hit of the 32 string hits. You need to make sure that you only push 3 once and 2 once, if you do 322 xx bf2, the bf2 will not come out.

Basically, precise inputs within the time frame.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I've managed to get quite a few Bane hate messages, I've even got one guy who spams me with like 20 messages every time I am online after I beat him last week using only command grabs every time he woke up.

I love online sometimes.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Holy Calamity! posted:

I'm able to do it whenever the servers are making GBS threads themselves but that doesn't really help!

Also are there any sites that are compiling correct frame info for moves? A random Nightwing online just absolutely mopped the floor with me because he was insanely patient and would punish me whenever I got near him. It seemed the only thing to do in that case was chip away at him with safe strings but I'm still not sure what those are. I know B2, 11, and the down combos are safe but that's about it. Should I basically using nothing but B2F2xxdf3 (or db3 if I have meter) until I finally get lucky?

Best place to check would be the character forums on testyourmight.com but I think most of the main posts are just copied from the move list.

It's better to go on training mode against somebody like Lex and put him doing corps charge as a reversal, do the string and then hold back. If you get hit it's not safe.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Oh hey, Batgirl is up in the UK on PSN. Lobo didn't go up until Wednesday.

Can't see it. :( Does it show under Injustice?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Krad posted:

Armorless Flash and big antlers Flash don't count. Where's my Professor Zoom or Kid Flash or Impulse costume?

Wherever my Dark Knight Rises Bane and Robin Nightwing are. :colbert:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Does anybody know (roughly) what time in the archives the auction tournament was?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

By the way. is there a way to do a super move without hitting both the normal buttons? I started a combo and WW all of a sudden did her super without me hitting both. It won me the match when she did it so I'm not complaining but it surprised me. (Release check is off if that matters.)

Meter + 2 + 3 is also a shortcut for super I believe.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

So trying to download the new patch makes my PS3 make a disturbingly loud beep and reset, the patch never starts downloading. I think it did this last time but stopped an hour or two after the patch had gone up, this time it's still doing it and the patch has been out over a day I think. This is a bit annoying.

I don't know how many times you tried but if my PS3 does this I just keep trying and it usually works on the 3rd(ish) attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Ugh. I got a new controller, but I still suck at this game. I did get much further in the tutorial, but starting with the advanced combos I'm absolutely trash. It's like I'm hitting all the right buttons for, say, the Batarang combo, not not in the exact time constraints that they want. If the combo starts with double-tapping X, it only registers one because I did it too fast, or I'll time it to get both but I can't land the timing on the next half. I can do each piece individually though. It's maddening. Guess I'm just not a fighting game guy. I'm just going to easy-mode button mash it through the story to get my money's worth with the story. :smith:

The problem you are likely having is that you are pushing too many buttons.

If it says double tap X into a special move and you triple tap it, it just won't work. Precision before speed/timing.

• Locked thread