Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

McCloud posted:

I asked this in the last thread but it got kinda skipped over, but are the online rooms region locked in this game?

The PS3 version of the game is split into 3 regions (NTSC, PAL, NTSC-J). So if you're in Europe you can't play with people from the US but you can play with Australians.

360 version has none of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

As Grundy, what are my best options to deal Superman's EX air lasers? If possible without tanking the damage with armor.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Block and hit him with grave hands as he lands. If he starts blocking that then block and dash in, if you're close enough you may be able to hit him with a d2 which can be comboed into a 114 trait grab. Honestly though it's just a really bad matchup. Superman has a ton of mobility so it's hard to build momentum against him as Grundy.

Does the EX version do overhead damage then? I'm gonna feel real bad if it does cause I kept blocking low like an idiot thinking it was unblockable.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

WarEternal posted:

Yes, Superman's db1 laser hits overhead on the 2nd hit if he meter burns it.

Bwahahah. Oh man. I bet my opponent was having a real good time doing that. Haha. Thanks.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

I have to say I'm disappointed in how Scorpion ended up. He looks to just be a tweaked MK9 Scorpion with a quick-and-easy trait. I was hoping they'd add things like new specials/movement and a really unique trait to really set him apart.

I know Scorpion is (mostly) in cause he'll sell very well, but I expected an overhaul on the character.

At least he got a neat new look!

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

I'll admit I would be pretty hype for Scorpion if his trait was the MK run with armor.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Toady posted:

I'm sure he'll have some interesting clash dialogue.
Scorpion: My family is dead!!
Batman: Join the club.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Supposedly there is an actual patch out, around 7MB, that fixes the glitches with the Blackest Night costumes. 360 only at this point obviously because us PSN folks don't have poo poo yet.

Just booted up the game and got the v1.04 517mb patch. I'll report back when it's finished installing.

Edit: Yup, it all works. PS3 Scorpion is up.

Just A Friend fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 4, 2013

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

It's not a unique clash but I smiled so hard at this one.

Batgirl: Let's FINISH this.
Scorpion: FATALITY!

Edit: Regarding Scorpion in general: He plays real crispy and fast, but imo he really doesnt fit the feel and style of Injustice. Makes me interested for MK10, though.

Just A Friend fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 5, 2013

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Double Bill posted:

Having watched Evo with a bunch of StarCraft 2 & Dota 2 players, here's some complaints I heard about Injustice:

- Characters look and move really awkward, like puppets on strings
- Too slow, especially after KoF and SSBM. Only Batman has appropriate speed.
- The realistic looks don't work, should be more comic-y, and more exaggerated proportions
- Too "shiny"
- No one liked the interactable mechanic
- It's just Mortal Kombat
- Superman is boring, he just does the same thing over and over
- Why are there no different costume colors, Superman mirrors without alternate costumes are too confusing

Overall no one liked it or plans to pick it up, so as a promo the Evo showing was a disaster.

These are mostly very superficial (but very understandable or even true) statements but it would've been such a different story if top 8 had characters like Grundy, Hawkgirl,... and Hype Pig.

No one got to see how good this game can really be and that is so crushingly disappointing. :(

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Krad posted:

What am I supposed to do if I reached 100 wins with a certain character online but didn't get any icon/background unlocks? It's driving me insane.
Wins you got from disconnects by either you, the opponent or the system don't count toward icons or achievements. Most likely because they're only counted until after the win screen of a battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

1.06 Patch notes are up! And it's quite a big one.

All the system changes own. Everyone got buffed or not really changed, except for Superman and Black Adam.

NRS posted:

Superman
Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack.
This might be the biggest change but I guess it depends on what 'slight' really means.

Just A Friend fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 24, 2013

• Locked thread