Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

I know this is the console thread, but I don't see one for PC yet. I just got Injustice on the PC and I can't even get through the motherfucking tutorial. I'm trying to use an old corded XBox 360 controller and it took me goddamn forever to get past the Block tutorial, and now I can't even throw a goddamn Batarang. It won't register back-forward-Y for some reason. It is driving me absolutely insane. I've tried recalibrating my controller three times now. What gives?

Are you using the D-pad or the analog stick? I've always found D-pads are better for fighters, but the 360's pad is garbage, so that may not be the case here.

I've been playing this at a friend's place, since I don't own my own copy, and even though I can hold my own (okay, I'm the only one that routinely plays fighters, so I usually win), but I can't figure out what circle on the PS3 version does for the life of me. Googling hasn't given me results, either. Can someone just give me a super-quick rundown? All I can see is "power move" and it usually seems to do nothing obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

raditts posted:

Each character has a unique little ability they get from pushing that button. Like for instance Batman's make little bats orbit around him, Green Arrow can switch to ice arrows, Wonder Woman can switch to sword and shield, etc. It should've been covered in the tutorial.

Ah, okay, that makes sense then. It probably is in the tutorial, but since I only get to play at group things I haven't gotten any time with that.

Nahxela posted:

Which characters are you playing? We can tell you what circle does for your characters, but as mentioned, it varies by individual, and you can check out stuff in the pause/moves menu.

Mostly the Joker because he's basically a straight rip of Stryker from MK9, but since I'm not familiar with the game I tend to gently caress around with all sorts of guys. I'd like to learn Deathstroke but he's been a little tricky for me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

Knowing that it is hypothetically possible to use isn't a lot of comfort when my standing block can easily turn into a crouching block or a backwards jump just because the stick is being finicky, and 90% of the combos suddenly become neigh impossible unless I have the thumb dexterity of a robot.

Yeah, I ended up buying a stick when I started playing fighting games for this reason. There's one for 30 bucks or so on Amazon that's compatible with PC's and PS3's alike that's well worth it, it's made a huge difference in me being able to pull off moves consistently.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Grabbed this during the Steam sale, and it's weird- I meet the recommended specs but it runs like poo poo if I try to use my monitor's native resolution, I have to do 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024. If I went with what the game recommended, I'd be using something ridiculous like 720x568. :psyduck: Are there any known issues that could be causing this? I have all the settings turned down low and it still slows down sometimes. It's weird, because I've been playing Assassin's Creed IV on all high settings without a hitch, I thought this would be fine.

EDIT: Apparently the way the game is set up, it always pumps out all 60 frames even if you can't reach that, so if you end up getting 30 fps it runs at half speed? :psyduck: Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently the issue was that it was defaulting to my motherboard's graphics chip instead of my GPU. Which is... weird.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 31, 2013

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Unbound posted:

The game runs at 60FPS because it's a fighting game where all the moves have frame data for the timing, for example some moves can "Frame Trap" meaning there is only one frame where the opponent can do something. IF you take the 60FPS lock out, the entire game would become unplayable.

As for why it was defaulting to your on-board GPU, :iiam:

Yeah, I can see that, but then you run into a different kind of unplayable where it's like everyone is fighting in molasses and your input goes really weird. I guess fighting games are tricky on PC because you've got such variable hardware.

It's so great to have my own copy of this, though, now that it works. The character powers are awesome now that I know what they do. Gonna tear some poo poo up next time my friends get together for fighting game night! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Snagged the ultimate edition of this bad boy for PC. There's a lot of great stuff here, but holy hell does this port suffer from some serious issues. I have to run it in windowed at a significantly smaller resolution and with essentially no graphical effects turned on in order to get it to not run in molasses mode during fights. Plus it's a bit capricious- sometimes it likes to load just fine, sometimes it wants me to reboot my computer before it'll run. No other game I have does this.

How lame. Still, got it at a discount and I'm enjoying all of the cool attention to detail in these DC characters. There are soooo many awesome alternate costumes.

Use the launcher and make sure it's using your video card to run the game. Mine defaulted to using the motherboard's onboard chipset and it caused me a lot of problems.

• Locked thread