Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I can play in an hour. :suicide:

Also, I was thinking I drop poo poo online so often because I get over excited or whatever, I'm starting to think lag may have something to do with it. Because when I gently caress up a combo 4 times in a row online then go into practice and nail it over and over I think it may be more than just nerves.

I know that feeling and more than likely it is the lag that's screwing you over because as much as NRS improved the netcode for this game over MK9, even the slightest bit of lag will make doing a combo involving any sort of timing drat near impossible. I can do the full 8 loops of Killer Frost's Can-Can ever single time offline but I'm lucky if I can get more than 3 loops even with a good connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

AndyElusive posted:

Ok. At this point the only players I can't see getting hate mail has got to be people who play The Flash.

Seriously, what could people possibly bitch about? He has no projectile, has flashy combos and does everything in your face.

NICE COMBOS FAG LEARN TO PLAY.

I know you're joking but back in MK9 I actually did have a guy starting yelling about me midmatch because I was doing actual combos and also called me, "One of those fags who watches videos on YouTube." People will find just about anything to complain about when they're losing but complaining over simply comboing you is the most absurd thing.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Just relieved that Killer Frost didn't get any nerfs, would hate to finally have the time to get back into this game and then have her get nerfed for no reason.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

So what does Batgirl's trait do? I can switch between claws and shockers but it's not a stance like Wonder Woman or Nightwing's as far as I can tell.

Early 5-minutes in training mode thoughts:

- Damage seems really low, but her tools are all fun
- I'm glad her teleport tracks. I doubt I would have the patience to try and deal with a close, medium, far input.
- I wish I could use her MB batarang in the air
- Her neutral jump looks pretty goofy

Batclaws do more damage in combos, Shock Fists do much more chip damage when her punch attacks are blocked, her 111 string does .30% vs 2.11% with Batclaws and Shock Fists respectively.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
So I'm going to play Devil's Advocate a little here as someone who's mained Killer Frost since release but I just want to say that while she is a really good character I think Brady and REO are putting her way too high up there in relation to other characters and I think Jmcrofts' position for her is much more appropriate and where I'd say she belongs. The problem with them considering Killer Frost at the absolute top tier is that she's much too balanced of a character, I'd probably go as far as to say she might be one if not the most balanced characters in the game. Yes she has crazy good resets that when combined with her trait can nearly one touch kill off any of her combo starters for just one meter, a lot of other aspects of her design make it so this doesn't make her a broken character. Her movement options are not all that great, while both her ground and air dashes move her a fair distance they are really slow leaving her vulnerable to being punished during them, meaning she has a relatively hard time getting in on certain characters, especially anybody with half decent zoning and/or keepaway tools(though her ice spike can catch grounded characters, with an EX allowing her to throw daggers out then move in). While her good combo starters are safe on block, a good majority of them have slow startup, small range, and hit high so you can just duck and have it miss completely. Her slide is a great tool to compensate for her subpar mobility and can be cancelled into from most strings, is safe on block(I think it's -2 or -4), and can catch certain characters doing unsafe things from a distance, however it not only trades with a lot of moves it can be straight up beat by certain moves as simple as a d1.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
So I haven't touched this game since Batgirl was released and finally got some time to play again, anyone want to beat the crap out of me until I remember how to play? GT: RageBeef

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Arikado posted:

Anyone on Xbox wanna play? Haven't played in a while and want to shake some of the rust off before the tourney tomorrow night.

I'm down to play some matches, need to shake off these cobwebs, GT is RageBeef.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Signed up for the tourney tonight even though I'll probably be going 0-2 while complaining to myself about how lovely the netcode is when simple things I can do every time in practice won't come out 90% of the time online.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Midnight Shakes posted:

The off-line parts are great, but the online is absolute poo poo. I've had some decent matches, but most of the time it's lag-city due to either the lovely netcode or your opponent's wodden PC. Apparently, the less people are in a lobby, the less laggy games usually are. Yet, nobody understands this, and everybody is usually piled up in one room, making most matches even more unbearable.

That had nothing to do with the PC port, the console version had absolutely horrendous netcode issues that made it all but unplayable 90% of the time. Even after they claimed to have patched the netcode you'd get lag everywhere, lobbies constantly making GBS threads themselves, and game desyncronization. I was worried about the MK9 PC port when I heard it was done by High Voltage, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality so I'm expecting similar quality for Injustice. And hey, maybe the online won't be absolutely dead on PC since it's not being ported 2 years after the fact when most people have moved on and/or lost interest in the game.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm thinking of getting this on steam, but the fact nobody's joined the group yet makes me apprehensive. :(

I would be getting this on Steam if I wasn't already going to be picking it up along with my PS4 on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

KOMI posted:

Picked this up for PS4. Almost every online game I play is being interrupted with "The game session has desyncronized".

That's weird because I was playing it yesterday and it was a surprisingly smooth experience online, had no desynchs and only a few games with bad lag. I'm not sure if it matters but I was using the 1v1 Player Match to play.

• Locked thread