Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
I'm really feeling Wonder Woman as a secret top tier. She gets whiff punishes for 39-40% meterless, and has a 50/50 game and thats just in lasso stance. Not to mention her parry can make some safe block string unsafe. I should probably play some better people though. I've mostly been playing dumbass deathstrokes that shoot guns, and spam unsafe reversals and get murdered for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

For something more constructive than just bitching, and maybe this should have been obvious but I only just found it out earlier; is that WonderWoman can cancel into her stance switch off strings. Now this really doesn't mean much outside of some potential corner combos because Sword stance is hot garbage but hey, there it is :unsmith:

There are some pretty cool corner combos into shield stance like 33, 23~4, 1b11x4, f12~bf3 that gives good, if not consistent damage for her. I was able to do d1~lasso spin, 23~4 into 1b11 shenanigans to get in the mid 30%. Its a little rough because now she's in shield stance, but it's not all bad as she can do some ok 50/50 type stuff in the corner with shield, and the opponent is going to have to deal with defending against a totally different set of normals. Hell, if you really need to get back into lasso stance you can throw them, as it switches her back automatically. I agree that shield stance is pretty crap, but it looks like it can have its uses in the corner game.

polish sausage fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 12, 2013

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

rocket USA posted:

It's actually pretty monstrous in the corner. MB Shield Bash is +9 on block and if you substitute a d3 for the f12 x bf3 in her corner bnb you can start doing some really potent high/low mixups between b2 and fuzzy guarding them with instant nj2, which can give you 52% meterless or 50% meterless if you want a hard knockdown instead.

yeah I actually just noticed those 50% percent combos. one bar or no bar, hot drat. I'm literally minutes from leaving on a business trip for 2 weeks and I really wish I noticed this sooner...:negative:

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
anyone playing on xbox? im still in denial about not being able to do my offline wonder woman combos online and I need to be shown the error of my ways.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Sorry i missed ya unbound. i think i put my name in the metatag but ill put it here again. GT:CatchiestCarton

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Okay, I am never going to use Grundy's super again.

To be fair, you should be using enough meter with Grundy that you wouldn't be able to use his super, but poo poo, apparently it is stupidly easy to counter.

To be fair my grundy playing friend offline caught me before by just jumping right over me and grabbing me when he activated. But yeah once i get that first d1 in that super is rendered useless. Also good god this stupid online froze my dumb xbox. Netherrealm's online is still pretty garbage.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
That was a good night. I know dick about match ups since i had to keep going out of town so this was an eye opener. I'm also happy that I'm actually getting my combos online down about half the time! no b113, b113 etc. for THIS guy!

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Equilibrium posted:

For anyone looking to see a good WW, this guy f0xy has the best WW I've seen yet:

http://www.twitch.tv/pjs_winning/b/410473892?t=12h46m34s

He blew up the lobby going something like 40-1. Not the best competition, but nice to see anyways.

yeah foxy grampas' wonder woman tech thread on test your might is really good and i would recommend for people wanting to pick her up. http://testyourmight.com/threads/afgs-ww-tech-info.30810/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I can hardly contain myself! Now it will be hard for me to choose between Odyssey and New 52 Wonder Woman. All I want now is a classic skin and I'm the happiest person alive. :homebrew:

Yeah, that n52 is skin is really cool but her face just looks really jarring and wierd with the short hair. I think its that general squinty face she has in her neutral stance. Also every since I ripped off f0xy grandpa's technique I've been getting tons of 10 game streaks and rage quits on ranked. It really is the most heart warming thing.

• Locked thread