Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is there anything more amusing than the person whining about how you "spammed" and you're in a mirror match? I don't think so.

checkstock posted:

Is there a particular IRC channel the Injustice people are using?

I think the FG channel is goonsgarden.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Soonmot posted:

Good question. I guess as long as you both had meter to burn!

The meter burn version of Raven's projectile absorb is an unblockable projectile so I doubt it would work.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Any PSN goons wanna 1v1?

Is Bane's charge unjumpable?

ed: being aware of everything I'm doing wrong and actually being able to execute on that knowledge are two very different things, haha.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 11, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Bosushi! posted:

Thanks for the games Demmonaz.

Playing my Flash against a Raven was real good experience. That one drat chain was such an issue. I hated to keep pushblocking so I was trying other things and backdash seems to be the only thing that worked. But then you started baiting it :negative:

Hahaha, yeah. I like playing lots of games because of stuff like that. I'm trying to pay attention to meter, how I use it and how to maintain clash advantage, ie: keeping some meter and making the other guy waste his. I have a lot to learn, I barely ever jump and need to work on crossups, spacing on my specials, better use of fireball, etc. I also need to learn2demon stance. 223 is basically the only string of Raven's where I know WTF to do with it. You really helped me work on implementing throws a bit more than I had been doing previously.

My favorite stage as Raven by far is Halls of Justice, the few matches we played there I think you can see why.

I liked playing your Green Lantern, I'm not familiar with how to play Raven against him at all really. I know I need to stay close-ish and avoid all the missles, but that delayed meter burn one is so annoying. Raven has the projectile absorb but it's really hard to do on reaction to the faster projectiles, especially online.

ed: If you were able to find a more consistent way in with Flash and work his 50/50s you would also find out I am incredibly bad at blocking.

ed2: Also, another tip, I think if Flash has any partially invincible wakeup options that would also beat the crap out of anything I was doing to you on wakeup. I'm clueless as how to punish anything right now as Raven either, so while some people would bait them out I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Jmcrofts posted:

A friend told me all normal throws are 11 frames startup. Sounds right to me.

Yeah, this sounds right.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 11, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

So I had a tough time beating Raven players for a long time but now if I see someone pick her I just immediately counterpick with Deathstroke. There's just nothing she can do to stop him and I love it.

This isn't really true, Raven is even one of the few characters with a teleport which can light Deathstroke up if used properly. Ducking his straight pistol shot will get you a soul crush, blocking it up close you can also punish it with a reversal soul crush, blocking machine gun will also get you a soul crush as a punish. From full screen her projectile absorb will also absorb guns if you're good at pre-empting them.

edit:

PantsBandit posted:

Raven players tend to rely on her force-grab which is super punishable with guns. You can shoot her out of the beginning of her teleport animation so if she activates demon mode just keep hammering her with the machine gun. If she airteleports then use a sword spin and continue to zone. If she does get in her melee is kinda slow so it's easy to get the distance back and then you can keep hitting her with the machine gun and mb machine gun. All I know is I haven't lost to a Raven in that matchup once.

You're playing dummies, I'm not even the best at the matchup obviously but Raven is by no means free. She shouldn't ever be using soul crush against Deathstroke without a reason, sword flip is also one of the easiest specials in the game to punish and it's simple to bait out from poor Deathstroke players. Raven shouldn't be just eating your machine guns, if any of them gets blocked it's a very easy punish because the recovery on them doesn't even require you to reversal them to punish them. Machine gun is one of the worst tools against Raven because the startup is easily beaten by soul crush. If you're a mediocre Deathstroke player and can't play his up close game as well as his zoning game then a competent Raven shouldn't be losing against you.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 11, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

I really appreciate you posting streams, because while I might not catch them live I can always watch some archives for fun, cheers!

Interstellar Owl posted:

Ah okay, that makes me feel better. That turned me off of the game when a buddy of mine who loves fighting game says the game was horrible unbalanced and unplayable.

Haha, I love people like this. I can understand not liking the game but playing it for, what, maybe 2 weeks and declaring it "horribly unbalanced and unplayable" is just hilarious. You might want to take said friend's opinions with a grain of salt from now on.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Interstellar Owl posted:

Are there any characters are that easier to learn and don't require perfect execution/insane combos/etc to learn for a beginner person? I've tried a bunch of people and I just have a hard time learning these insane combo strings (still haven't gotten down canceling) I see on TestYourMight

If you can't do something as simple as cancelling yet then there's not really any character that's going to be particularly easy. For me, Green Lantern has the easiest combos in the game.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

This was Ranked Mode. I guess it draws a different kind of beast.

This dude was something like 4 levels higher than me, not that levels mean jack poo poo in this game, but he clearly knew his stuff when it came to Arrow. He squeezed me into the left corner of high Watchtower, caught me with a f2d13 into low ice arrow and then instead of transitioning me, he corner combos my rear end like he's Desk and drops it. He went for another f2d13 right after which I pushblock and win thanks to the jet and a lucky robot who came over head just as he was burning and a fear blast.

He should have won, so I sent him some ggs and compliment his skill and tell him if he should have sent me through the console into lower Watchtower.

Next thing I know I'm spending 15 minutes getting railed over XBL for it. :rant:

I find people like this funny, they're such loving assholes that being a genuine good sport is seen by them as if you'd just kicked their mother.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Yeah, it's b12, ending your combos with db2 and not df2 gives you slightly more damage. It's also a pain in the rear end to f222 after j3, at least online, so I prefer j2.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Soonmot posted:

I *think* I was having trouble connecting with the b3s.

What do you guys do when your opponent figures out that he can totally negate you by down blocking?

BTW: Any 360 goons going to be on in about an hour?

J1 into 223, 223 is Raven's main up close string that is + on block, they have to do something about it or sit there taking it all day. Depending on what they do you counter it, if they start backdashing the 3 you stop at 22 and soulcrush, if they start trying to poke out of it you counterpoke them with a d1 or MBb3, if they keep blocking it you throw them, their only real way out is to pushblock, Joker, Batman and Killer Frost can parry the 3 but that just means you have to bait out the parry. Depending on matchup/distance F3 works as an overhead, MB F3 is good too, there's also the FF bounce cancel off of b12.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Stage transitions scale like everything else in the game, so yes, the further along in a combo the less damage they will do.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I think they might scale kind of extremely.

Earlier in Arturo's stream somebody comboed into a transition and ended up with 18 hits for 21%. That seems like less damage than a stage transition with no lead up combo does.

Eh, depends on what you're doing, some moves eg: frost pipe in Arkham stage will scale the rest of the combo deeply. I can do a standard Raven combo in the corner and end a bit early into stage transition and get 45% out of it instead of the 30ish it would normally do. Unless you meant 21% ontop of whatever they were already doing.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 15, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

sentrygun posted:

Pretty sure Raven's reflect only works on high projectiles, and it's already hard enough to suck up all the shots on Quick Fire. It probably wouldn't last long enough to eat Machine Gun even if it did work against it.

It eats the entirety of machine gun as long as you time it right, but using your projectile absorb against Deathstroke has to be entirely anticipatory and this isn't very likely to end up in your favor, ever, it works against all of Deathstroke's non-MB guns though, you can't MB absorb though because as soon as you do you stop absorbing projectiles and unless you do it at the very last active frame of the guns (basically impossible, you can do it but the timing is stupid) you'll get hit out of it. Machine gun is literally Deathstroke's least frightening option vs Raven, just block it and soul crush punish, I think it even does the least amount of chip. As Raven, if you're far vs. Deathstroke, blocking low will allow you to soul crush everything he does (blocking machine gun at all gets you a soul crush punish, ducking mid pistols gets you a soul crush punish) except for low gun which you get a free dash in if you block.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 15, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

66% superman combo

Black Adam: My power equals yours!

Superman: No one's does!

That's comedy, folks.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Watching Aris is entertaining to me because after, how many weeks now? People still seem clueless as to what to do vs. Deathstroke, it seriously looks like nobody spent any time in the lab at all over three+ weeks. Just one example, the majority of his DF3s that get blocked result in no punish from the person blocking them.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

A Fancy Bloke posted:

It's almost as if Deathstroke is unbalanced.

No, it's almost as if dummies keep doing the same stupid poo poo against a semi-intelligent Deathstroke and get stuffed for it every time.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Really good wakeup attacks shouldn't be safe.

I believe that was sarcasm.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

That Bane looks like he's getting ready to go to a baseball game and the venom accoutrements are his equivalent of a beer helmet.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Just A Friend posted:

Does the EX version do overhead damage then? I'm gonna feel real bad if it does cause I kept blocking low like an idiot thinking it was unblockable.

Yes, Superman's db1 laser hits overhead on the 2nd hit if he meter burns it.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've seen this happen in other fighting games, and it never makes much sense to me. It's like, I picked my character almost immediately, who are you trying to fool with making it look like you're going to pick someone else?

All of you guys are posting reasons I almost never get into ranked games. The main reason is that I would say half the time their connection is absolute dogshit and makes the game unplayable, the other reason is that playing some dude once teaches me absolutely nothing and most of the people playing ranked I can beat because half of them don't even block, which is supremely boring. Playing with goons is 5000x better, the other time is spent noodling around in practice or doing arcade mode or something.

I did do a player match KotH and get 8 wins in a row as Raven, though, it's really funny to see people start to drop out when you have 2 wins in a row, then basically everyone disappeared once I was at 4 wins, only one guy remained to play a few games.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Let's not vote for the 2 characters with literally unlimited potential for cool moves.

Hahaha, this is perfect because I had the same reaction.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

sponsz posted:

Joker has some tricky setups with teeth, a really good air attack with crowbar, and a pretty good projectile with gun. He's not bad, just his trait isn't that good and he cant get damage like Superman or Black Adam

Joker also has a pretty good wakeup in the form of his poison flower, which is also a good special because it can make some of his unsafe strings safe on block. He also has a really good backdash.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You'd see more Joker if his trait wasn't complete garbage.

It's not good, or even decent, but it's not "complete garbage", there are some useful strings that it can interrupt, eg: Green Lantern's b12 or b13.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 18, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'd argue Black Adam's trait is also garbage. It's just an inferior version of Batman's.

The fact that Sinestro's trait is just a regular Lex Luthor move is also not very cool.

:psyduck: That does not accurately describe either one of those traits whatsoever.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Are the names backwards right now? I've only ever seen Jailhouse play Cyborg.

No, Jailhouse plays green lantern, he plays Cyborg online sometimes, he whipped him out for like the first match yesterday he had but quickly went back to GL after 1 loss.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Shazam bf2 is -12 and f1 is like 16 frames, so it won't work. When you recorded the dummy doing bf2 into block, did you remember to account for the fact it would side switch?

The best way to test/practice how to punish punishable special moves, for me anyway, is to set the practice bot to reversal the special in question, set them to always block, and then tap them with a jab, block the special and try to punish from there. Not TOO related to what you were saying, but just a general tip.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

So he seriously just kept trying and failing that same tactic, probably around 10 times in a row. Then sends a message that just says "no skill".

My favorites are the ones that don't even block and then complain. Come on, I'm really bad. All you have to do is block and I'm pretty free.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

I think they've said it's a bug.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 21, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

I'm not a fan of sitting and waiting for KotH when I'm terrible and need practice, so if anyone on PSN wants to 1v1, my tag is Demmonaz.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Welp, first match in KotH and sure enough my buttons are wrong.

Hahah, I was thinking "his buttons have to be wrong" when you weren't doing anything on the person's wakeup.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

poo poo, my Internet poo poo out on me. I swear I'm not rage quitting. If I quit every time I was about to lose, I'd never finish an online match.

It's okay pal, I thought I recognized your name so I didn't think it was a "rage quit" :). PS3 room is still going, yeah. Still if anyone wants to 1v1 let me know cuz I'd rather do that than koth.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

My #1 accidental input is db1 when I'm trying to d1 with Raven, which would help me a lot but I'm always afraid of getting the db1 instead. I need to fix my controller to somehow only input D when I press D instead of the DB or DF if you push it to the far left/right.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Whoops apparently you need to verify your account to upload long videos. Fixed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bTeKXIyfDw

It's 48 minutes.

One thing I notice when playing you is you almost never use your meter for anything. You get enough bars to have full clash just from taking damage if you spend a few in the first "round" so you should be at least be meter burning charge when it hits, or trying to blow up people's normals with armored b3/f3s, or armored interactables. I personally find that almost no one expects armored b3/f3s and that they're really good for getting damage.

e: I'm sure you know after it happened, but I think all, or at least the majority of, supers in this game go through armor.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 23, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Deathstroke's J3 is so good.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

If they just wake up blocking you're going to whiff a special move and get punished, correct? Unless it's a safe special, obviously.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Interstellar Owl posted:

I don't think I know what a reset is, care to enlighten me?

A situation where you can start another combo and your opponent can't do anything except guess the correct way to block it. I might be somewhat wrong, but I think that's the correct definition.

e;fb with a much better explanation, haha.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Rugpisser posted:

So for a cross up whats the "line" that it crosses to be on the other side? Is it simply something like draw a line down the center of the character, or is it more akin to anything behind the head needs to be blocked the other way?

I think it's more or less as you described, a line down the center of the character, it's hard to really describe precisely. It's dependent on the hitbox of the actual move coming at you, for example Black Adam's jump2 where his toe hits at a very strange angle, so it can look like it's going to be in front of you and actually hit behind.

e: Basically, a character's "cross up" jumping attack tends to be the one with the most ambiguous hitbox.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Holy Calamity! posted:

Here's my tier list, i expect this to change a bit here and there as the months go on but it's pretty solid imo.

This is a hilarious list, mine would have Raven, Shazam and Nightwing instead :golfclap:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Just A Friend posted:

I have to say I'm disappointed in how Scorpion ended up. He looks to just be a tweaked MK9 Scorpion with a quick-and-easy trait. I was hoping they'd add things like new specials/movement and a really unique trait to really set him apart.

I know Scorpion is (mostly) in cause he'll sell very well, but I expected an overhaul on the character.

At least he got a neat new look!

Yeah, I agree with this. It looks entirely like his MK9 moveset, I think maybe a jump attack might have been different? It will be interesting to see how he ranks in Injustice I guess.

CaptCommy posted:

As a long, long time Scorpion player, I'm actually pretty glad he's mostly the same specials. I like Scorp because of his playstyle, and while I still think he's an odd choice for Injustice, I'm still gonna play him.

How great would it have been if his trait was just a block button and that he couldn't normally block by holding back? :v:

This trait would be kinda OP, if you wanna go that far how about an MK3 run button? :getin:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

strangemusic posted:

A little late, but holy hell that is amazing.

Yeah, that skin is the bomb. I already liked Green Lantern a lot but that'll probably be the push that gets me to play him a lot more.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

That costume is somehow completely awesome and stupid at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

The PS3 does that to me a lot on various game patches, I have one of the launch ones but I don't know if that makes a difference. Just have to try over and over.

• Locked thread