Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Are you using the D-pad or the analog stick? I've always found D-pads are better for fighters, but the 360's pad is garbage, so that may not be the case here.

I've been playing this at a friend's place, since I don't own my own copy, and even though I can hold my own (okay, I'm the only one that routinely plays fighters, so I usually win), but I can't figure out what circle on the PS3 version does for the life of me. Googling hasn't given me results, either. Can someone just give me a super-quick rundown? All I can see is "power move" and it usually seems to do nothing obvious.

Each character has a unique little ability they get from pushing that button. Like for instance Batman's make little bats orbit around him, Green Arrow can switch to ice arrows, Wonder Woman can switch to sword and shield, etc. It should've been covered in the tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This has probably already been mentioned in so many thousands of posts, but did some of the background music in the single player cutscenes sound suspiciously like Blue Rondo a la Turk to anyone else?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Nativity In Black posted:

Thing about combos with the NRS games is unless you are going for a juggle or something more complex you don't really have to worry about timing any of the moves in a combo. If a combo tells you to hit 112df1 You can literally just hit those buttons in order as fast as you can. But if you hit 1112df1 either the wrong move will come out after the first two or nothing will.

Yeah, you don't time your combos according to the animations on screen, you just punch it in all at once and then your character goes through the whole combo motion. It's really unintuitive.

• Locked thread