Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I've been playing a bunch of this as a couch game with some buddies, none of us are any good at fighting games but we all enjoy fighting with some super powered mans.

If I wanted to start playing online, how do I get "good" or just better at this game, assuming I've never really played fighters at all?

I like playing Green Arrow and Green Lantern, if that's at all relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Rookersh posted:

So is it just me, or is the 360 controller kind of a piece of poo poo for these games?

The analog stick is way to imprecise, and constantly interprets my side to side as "jump like a loving idiot.". Finally halfway through the tutorial, stuck on a specific combo move I started using the D-Pad, and yeah, it's better, but just barely. A solid 30-40% of my inputs are just ignored, or misinterpreted ( still jump half the time ).

Finally plugged in my DS3 and easily cleared the entire tutorial, no problems using the d-pad.

Had similar problems with MK9. I can't imagine one controller type is that off, especially since so many people play the 360 version. What am I missing?

Yeah, I'm kinda having the same problem trying to learn the combos and stuff. Is there an alternative for 360 players without using a stick?

• Locked thread