Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Stark160 here. I didn't realize how bad I was till I played with goons. :magical:

That catwoman is terrifying Shnucka, and DrBannana, pretty sure you nearly perfected me in most of those matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Foodahn posted:

I'm at this same point as well, I can sometimes do more fanciful stuff in training but in a match, even single player, I'll probably end up mashing buttons and losing it.

I'm not sure if my usage of Bane is helping either because I can kinda get by with just a short combo into dbf3 command grab, which does decent enough damage but I'm sure it's also preventing me from using many other characters effectively because ad far as I can see, other characters BnB combos are a bit harder.

I'd reccomend trying out Green Lantern if you're looking for a character with some easy BnB's. You can combo almost anything both into and off of the db1 mb grab.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

thebardyspoon posted:

So trying to download the new patch makes my PS3 make a disturbingly loud beep and reset, the patch never starts downloading. I think it did this last time but stopped an hour or two after the patch had gone up, this time it's still doing it and the patch has been out over a day I think. This is a bit annoying.

I had this happen to me and I fixed it by deleting the "downloaded settings" save file for injustice.

On another note, holy christ is Zod fun. I haven't touched injustice since a bit after Batgirl came out but after seeing the trailer for Zod and messing around with him for a bit I think I'm in love. I'll probably get destroyed by any of you guys but I'd love to try him out against some good players. My PSN ID is Stark160, just added it to the google doc.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Fun games Demmonaz! Sorry I sucked so much against your raven, you're really drat good with her. Any tips on fighting staff nightwing? I felt that I had the most trouble against that, those normals are so drat fast.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

WarEternal posted:

Yeah, good games.

I'm actually fairly new to Nightwing so I don't have any advice that I can think of, I'm also not really familiar with how Zod works either since I'm not able to grab him yet. I think you mostly want to find ways to keep Nightwing out so he can't start working his crazy up close staff game. That MB command grab was really annoying because it'd put me at what seems to be a bad distance for Nightwing.

I didn't switch out of Raven because I thought you sucked, I just figure since you just started playing Zod you don't want to get tooled on by Raven over and over again, because I think she's a little bit more annoying online than she would be offline.

Yeah, that command grab seems to be hella good for Zod. Incredibly quick and it seems decently safeish. And thanks for that, but I'm totally okay with getting blown up over and over again. I figure as long as I can learn something with each loss it's all good.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
There's even an album with just entirely random songs on it. Weirdest thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-Gods-Among-The-Album/dp/B00C6XNTAW

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

sponsz posted:

Man, without a comboable overhead and with his slow-rear end lows I think Zod is gonna end up pretty bad. If he doesn't have trait out there's no reason to stand block him at all. Maybe somebody can find some sick tech with his trait, but even that seems kind of delayed when you send it commands, and it only lasts for like 2 seconds. At least his charge move seems really good.

You can combo off of his 213 overhead with a MB ground laser for good damage, at least at my low level of play. His 123 overhead (the game says it's a mid, but it's not) seems pretty terrible though.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Same! You're the first really good WW I've played against. I could just not deal with those mixups. Whenever you got up close I just went into panic mode and got my rear end whooped, it was pretty great.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, I was going to message you about it but then you started blowing me up and I forgot to. It's an overhead, so pretty much you have to stay on the ground and just block high. I've seen better zods use their low laser to really make it hellish to avoid though.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
I never get tired of getting called "spammer" when zoning people out. I played this Nightwing as GL once, he was just terrible. He's jump over and over and over and I'd just lift him and slam him against the ground over and over. For his first lifebar he only made some indistinct noises over his mic (aside from the doubled audio) but then at around 75% life left he started yelling "No skill!" everytime I grabbed him. While the victory animation was playing he said "Just pressing buttons!", so since I was in a particularly jerkish mood I picked nightwing for the rematch. Beat him pretty well, lost my 1st health bar only, but he was just having ridiculous amounts of rage by the end. Just "No skill! No skill!" over and over and over. Getting people like that mad is half the reason I play fighting games.

Anyways, you wanna play Zombiesrock? Was watching bad movies on netflix with my brother but I'm free now.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
No problem, it's my favorite looking stage and that initial battle for that first interactible is always fun.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry for the double post, but great games! Demmonaz, you are the luckiest random picker ever. That round where you got Nightwing, Batman, Batman had me cracking up and then you got Superman and Aquaman in a row a little after that, I mean, drat son. Also made me realize how much more work I need to put into my batgirl, I did some time in the training room last night but I didn't land a single combo that whole time. Again, great games.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've still never played the first MKvsDCU. I've been meaning to but just never have. Is it as good as either MK9 or Injustice? Does it have any really cool special moves? It's probably dirt cheap by now, so I'll pick it up if it's worthwhile.

It wasn't that bad if you just go in expecting a stupid fighting game to laugh at and play with guys who don't really care about who wins, but at any higher level it was ludicrously broken. Both Flash and Green Lantern completely destroyed everyone else in the cast and the rage mechanic was just ridiculous. I had fun with it, but it's nowhere near as good or polished as MK9/Injustice and probably not worth the money or time.

Edit: Also, do any other PS3 goons want to try to set up a tournament sometime? I'd love to watch some of you fighting-game gods go at it.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry I had to go shinji, fun games!

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Good games ParanoidInc I still can hardly get WW's B3 to connect mid combo online, it was nice practice though since I got it to connect once or twice.

Same but with my Batgirl vortex. I kept canceling into the jump-back smoke bomb kick, but at least it still hit you most of the time. I think I know what to do with batgirl pretty well, my execution is just really spotty. Also blocking your overhead would have helped, heh.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
I think I'm inspired to learn Sinestro now. Normally the ones I see play are pretty boring but that was some sick, sick play.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dre2Dee2 posted:

What is MM's trait? :stare:

I think it makes his limbs go all plastic man for his normals, big range increase.

^
Two game-winning combos dropped and he still wins it!

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
I hope NRS does some poo poo to superman like they did to scorpion because he is pretty much the Kabal of this game. I wouldn't mind if he was top tier on the strength of his rushdown or zoning but to have some of the absolute best in both is just ridiculous.

e: oh god top of the page :can:

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Superman is really good but he is nowhere near as broken or dominant as Kabal. Kabal makes some matches basically as unwinnable as things get. People still have a chance against Superman, it's just hard.

Ah, okay. I'm not really familiar with MK as much as injustice so that was kinda me talking out of my rear end there, as usual. :blush:

^
It puts the background doomsday in the containment suit if it's a Doomsday mirror match, don't know what happens if one of the player doomsdays is wearing the suit, presumably it just goes to his 3rd unused costume.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Krad posted:

He doesn't seem that broken to me. Then again, I have yet to find a Superman online that completely destroys me, so maybe if I fought a really good one I might change my mind.

Yeah, I personally haven't fought any dominant superman, but seeing a bunch of top-tier players not playing superman getting dominated so thoroughly at EVO was pretty sick.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dracula Factory posted:

I really want to like injustice, but not knowing anything about what went on in the pools, I told myself that if superman won then that would be the nail in the coffin of the game for me (barring some sort of big changes). I feel like superman highlights everything that I think is bad and boring about this game, and all of the characters with cool movesets and traits dont actually end up being any good. And as dumb and reactionary as many in the FGC can be, I don't think the people hating on the game after the tournament are completely out of line. I came into this game from playing only SF and guilty gear and having no opinion on NRS whatsoever, and many of their design decisions have puzzled me. I really love the clash, trait, and interactable mechanics of the game, but I really hate the input and combo system. Just my two cents after watching evo today and seeing the SFIV finals vs the injustice finals makes me think that there's a long way to go before this game could really grab me. I would still really like to see it succeed, even if only for the sake of variety.

Just trying to get a different perspective here, what don't you like about the combo system of Injustice? It's pretty much the first fighting game that I've ever gotten serious in and the easy combo system is one of the main reasons for that, I was wondering why FGC people don't seem to like it as much.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
I can see that, compared to MVC and SF. Thanks for the info, it's interesting.

Also, Yardbomb, we gotta fight (well, more like you fight I die probably) sometime. I see you online alot but it's either when you're playing Last of Us or I'm about to leave haha.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
So Yardbomb, I restarted my Ps3 while looking for answers about that Desync glitch and then when I booted up it immeadiately crashed with a "this system has become too hot" message so I guess I'm just having terrible luck with technical errors. From what I read about the desynch thing it's something to do with errors in compatibility packs so I'm going to delete my downloaded settings and redownload everything before I play again. Anyways, I'm out for the night. Thanks for those 10 seconds or so of matches!

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
You too, probably didn't help that you were playing Lobo for those first few. I'd literally never seen him before outside of his trailer, had no idea how slow he was. You're pretty drat good with Joker, I hardly ever see people do well with him.

On a side note, does anyone have any tips for Green Arrow? I like playing as him but he just seems really hard to me, his normals feel very slow and just feels weird in general.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Gtg have dinner zombiesrock, good games! I really need to work on my execution with batgirl, figures the one time I get a clash it's entirely on accident. :downs:

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Sorry guys I always miss message notifications for invites. I'll send one out.

Edit: None of you are playing Injustice at the moment. Catch you guys later.

Hey, if you see me playing God of War or Dark Souls or whatever feel free to shoot me an invite too, I'd generally rather be playing fighting games with goons instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Here's the link to his site:

http://4thletter.net/category/video-games/guide-to-the-injustice-roster/

• Locked thread