Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
I'll be playing on PSN for a while. PSN: Praetor51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

WarEternal posted:

Is Bane's charge unjumpable?

No, you just have to time it right.

Best case scenario is to jump backwards to allow for an easy punish.

I'm also available for some games. Psn: Praetor51

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Thanks for the games Demmonaz.

Playing my Flash against a Raven was real good experience. That one drat chain was such an issue. I hated to keep pushblocking so I was trying other things and backdash seems to be the only thing that worked. But then you started baiting it :negative:

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Well poo. I get tired of these ranked matches because its really easy to lose a round to random stuff.

Does anyone know exactly how fast throws are in this game?

I dunno, but they don't seem to beat anything out other than pure turtleing.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Krad posted:

Who's up for some PS3 goon Injustice tonight? :dance:

I will be sometime later tonight.

PSN: Praetor51

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Yeah GL is fine in that tier list.

I think Nightwing will eventually find himself higher on the list. He forces you to eat all of your meter pushblocking or using armor to get him off you. He's basically the Johnny Cage of Injustice but can also zone fairly well.

As for Bane, I've seen what JMCrofts can do with him so i know he's dangerous. The problem with tier lists is that SOMEONE has to be on the bottom, but I honestly don't think there's a C tier at this point.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Green Lantern Combo Compendium

LM~MB b3 j3 2 XX OR~MB b23 XX LM (40%, two meters, opposite)[/b]

I really hate the timing on the 2 XX OR, so I came up with a variation that winds up being the same damage.

LM~MB b3 j3 22 XX OR~MB 223 XX LM (40%, two meters, opposite)

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Jmcrofts posted:

...You think the gap in tiers is INTENTIONAL in some games?

While I think his assertion is silly in general, I remember Ono basically saying he designed pre-2012 Yun and Yang to be overly powerful.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Yeah all the patching worked out great for MK9.

It did. There's still silly stuff in the game (Bird Lao holy poo poo) but the patches made it far better.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 14, 2013

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The patches didn't do much except shuffling a few characters around and nerfing some already bad ones (Kano) for no good reason. Like 90% of the effort went into fixing Cyrax and look how well that turned out.

Edit: That said they seem to be taking it slow with the balance changes to Injustice so far, so that's a step in the right direction from MK9.

They were over reactive on some stuff, sure, but unpatched MK is almost unplayable for me.

You could also argue that most of the bs shouldn't have been in the game in the first place and I'd agree.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Krad posted:

What are you talking about, I do random Lightning Charges all the time! That's how Flash is played, right? :downs:

Don't make fun of me >:(

I'm learning the Flash slowly and lightning charge usually works against pubbies.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Liar Lyre posted:

Jesus. They must want to get the first wave of DLC out by EVO.

Yeah they waited too long when MK first came out and all DLC was banned for EVO.

The probably want them at EVO to showcase/advertise them.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Just played a bunch of sets against my buddy who uses Nightwing.

Nightwing is a ridiculously good character. Getting out of his pressure game is stupid hard unless your blow meter on pushblock. Our matches had tangible lag (gently caress PLAYING FLASH IN LAG) and its probably a lot easier offline but I can still see it being annoying.

He also has great wake up moves which can make it hard to apply pressure.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 24, 2013

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
That top 8 was a really awful showcase.

I think part if the problem is that NRS games are so unconventional and the built in systems have to be felt to be appreciated. I'll admit that I thought interactables were dumb as hell when I first saw them, but in mid game they actually feel ok and add a nice amount of strategic depth to the game.

The FGC is prejudgemental as hell, and Injustice just doesn't look as slick as the others, and all the 3D MK games were bad, therefore MK9 and Injustice are bad games. The EVO thread was filled with "I don't know much about Injustice but..." comments and some of them were downright false.

The FGC also hates to see OP characters win and all we've heard is how ridiculous Supes is.

So yeah, game looks weird, Smash Bros items, history of bad games, and OP character wins. Case closed, don't even need to play it.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 15, 2013

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
The verisimilitude argument is worthless when you consider Batman and Harley Quinn wall bouncing people all over the place. I know, kryptonion nano machine pills and what not, but still.

NRS improved by leaps and bounds from MK9 when it came to button config and training mode. It's surprising they didn't address the color issue.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 15, 2013

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Giedroyc posted:

I just want to know why top players seem to go to Doomsday as a counter to Superman...

Trait armor and Shoulder Charge are great tools to beat out zoning.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Pig is a nice guy, but he gets salty as gently caress. Give him time to cool down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Simply Bagel posted:

Also could someone explain back dashing? how hard is it to do?

Back dashing is literally tapping backwards twice.

Edit: I'm almost afraid I've misunderstood what you mean. I don't mean to sound insulting but have you not played any other fighting game in the past decade or so? It's basically a universal mechanic at this point.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 6, 2013

• Locked thread