Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

Only characters with "man" in their name are allowed to be top tier in this game.

Woo! Grundy is top tier!

Actually, since apparently his trait makes people drop out of the game that is probably accurate.

Edit: poo poo, Solomon not Soloman. I am dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I honestly do not have any idea how the hell the game can have not much lag in game, but voice chat goes choppy as gently caress constantly and rooms routinely split if you have more than 4 people in one.

GGs tonight all. I see I've completely forgotten how to get in with Grundy.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I can play for the next hour or so if anyone is on.

I can play in an hour. :suicide:

Also, I was thinking I drop poo poo online so often because I get over excited or whatever, I'm starting to think lag may have something to do with it. Because when I gently caress up a combo 4 times in a row online then go into practice and nail it over and over I think it may be more than just nerves.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Well poo. I get tired of these ranked matches because its really easy to lose a round to random stuff.

Does anyone know exactly how fast throws are in this game?

I am almost positive normal throws are faster than command throws are, although that could just be me not recognizing the timing.

Don't they have frame data for throws in the move list? I thought they were between light and medium standing attacks for most characters.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

So I had a tough time beating Raven players for a long time but now if I see someone pick her I just immediately counterpick with Deathstroke. There's just nothing she can do to stop him and I love it.

I'm curious, how is Deathstroke beating Raven consistently? Does the Raven player just not even try to approach? She isn't terrible at zoning, and if she's in mid range it means that DS can't jump anymore, which makes his zoning a lot more predictable. Deathstroke also can't just shut down Raven's trait teleport like Sinestro can.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Wow. Pig of the Hut says Sinestro vs Flash is 6-4 and Supes is 5-5.

How the gently caress is Sinestro anywhere close to positive vs. Flash?

I can see Sinestro being 5-5 vs. Supes. But not Flash.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Okay, does anybody want to get an XBL room going?

I'll start "goonsdfghhgbb"

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Yeah, Power Girl and Red Hood are terrible choices.

:v:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

People have said you can cancel out of Grundy's Walking Dead move. How do you do this? I thought it was dash or overhead/bounce but neither of those work.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dosvidanya posted:

QCB while doing it.

So bf3, qcb

I see. This will help me a lot. Thank you.

I'm guessing it makes it more safe to use for approaching.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

This was Ranked Mode. I guess it draws a different kind of beast.

This dude was something like 4 levels higher than me, not that levels mean jack poo poo in this game, but he clearly knew his stuff when it came to Arrow. He squeezed me into the left corner of high Watchtower, caught me with a f2d13 into low ice arrow and then instead of transitioning me, he corner combos my rear end like he's Desk and drops it. He went for another f2d13 right after which I pushblock and win thanks to the jet and a lucky robot who came over head just as he was burning and a fear blast.

He should have won, so I sent him some ggs and compliment his skill and tell him if he should have sent me through the console into lower Watchtower.

Next thing I know I'm spending 15 minutes getting railed over XBL for it. :rant:

Was that the dude that flipped his poo poo about you picking Sinestro?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

People get very upset when you call them out on quitting because you kicked their rear end.

Also, can you use qcb to cancel any of Sinestro's projectiles?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Spacebump posted:

If you are going to send a message to someone for quitting the best thing you can send is "u mad?" That used to really make quitters angry in NBA Jam.

I find "lol qq" works well too.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

I assume they scale like everything else.

I think they might scale kind of extremely.

Earlier in Arturo's stream somebody comboed into a transition and ended up with 18 hits for 21%. That seems like less damage than a stage transition with no lead up combo does.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

WarEternal posted:

Eh, depends on what you're doing, some moves eg: frost pipe in Arkham stage will scale the rest of the combo deeply. I can do a sta8ndard Raven combo in the corner and end a bit early into stage transition and get 45% out of it instead of the 30ish it would normally do. Unless you meant 21% ontop of whatever they were already doing.

No, it was 21% period. I was thinking it was crazy.

I'm pretty sure it did use the frost pipe pretty early on, so that might be it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Seriously, why does anybody want Jason Todd Red Hood in the game?

Why does anybody like that character at all?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I misunderstood. I thought you were showing it as it implying that Red Hood would be a character.

I just looked at the actual post on Facebook.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Hazo posted:

Eat what? I don't get it. I never got the hype about Todd Red Hood.

The Facebook post is teasing a Red Hood Joker skin, which would, hopefully, mean Jason Todd won't be put in.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Apparently, Batgirl is gonna be available next week going by Boon's twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/334691283400544257

I hope she is. I want to get into a character other than Grundy and I think I'd like how she plays from that teaser, although that isn't much to go on.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Apparently no one here has tried to blow up the flying car in lower Metropolis hoping to catch somebody coming in only to find themselves doing a steep angle jump kick and whiffing it instead.

:negative:

I've ended up playing as only power characters because of doing that when I try others.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Generally yes. When the archives are up, you're looking for NYC Fab (yeah, the Tekken player). He's coming up RIGHT NOW, too: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/

He's in loser's finals now.

I kind of want to try Lex now, but I get the feeling I can't do anything with him. How hard are his combos to pull off?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Liar Lyre posted:

WNF is just crazy. It's cool to see so many different communities coming together for Injustice, especially a lot of Tekken guys.

That's what normally happens when a new game comes out.

By a couple months after Evo it will probably just be the MK people still playing it competitively.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Liar Lyre posted:

I dunno man. It's getting a lot of praise and I could see it being on par with SF4 or Marvel, with TTT2 at the very least.

Maybe Tekken or KoF (in the US). Almost certainly above P4A or other anime fighters, but I don't think it will come close to SF4 or Marvel. We'll see I guess. I just remember when people were saying the same things about Skullgirls (although that was before the game even came out).

Edit: The most annoying thing about watching Aris play Deathstroke in tournaments is the fact he plays him exactly like people online do. He doesn't even try to combo. I guess do it if it works, but it's boring to watch.

Wolfkrone has been playing Deathstroke on Arturo's stream, and it is a lot more fun to watch because he'll go in and knows combos. Some of DS's combos look like a huge hassle to pull off.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 16, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Okay, I'm starting to look for another character again so I decided to try GA in training.

Is the timing on GA's combos super tight, or are Grundy's combos overly easy? Because I can't get the timing for GA at all. I guess it's one of the things where just keep trying over and over and it will click, but it just feels so much harder than Grundy.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Arikado posted:

If people don't want to block, want to keep jumping, and can't adapt, they are going to get zoned the gently caress out. Aris is just playing to the strengths of his character. To say he doesn't try to combo is ridiculous. He'll use a combo whenever he gets the chance up close. Thing is, he usually doesn't need to combo because he's so good with his spacing and projectiles that people hardly get near him.

He almost never does any combos over 6 hits that I've seen. I'm not judging him for playing by zoning almost entirely, and I'm pretty sure I was clear in saying I didn't hold that against him. I was just saying it's boring to watch. The statement about him being like random XBL people was because he only zones, he doesn't even attempt to fight in close, perhaps I haven't seen him play enough.

And I don't think you've seen Wolfkrone play too much if all you've seen him do is spam j3. He does need to lay off the wake up df3 though.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Equilibrium posted:

I'm more curious about whether there have been any cases where collector's edition exclusives wind up being sold as DLC. I have a hard time imagining the new 52 skins will ever end up on the store, but drat I want that WW costume.

Most MMOs nowadays let you buy the digital deluxe stuff as a dlc.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

sponsz posted:

Man I'd rather have a dude do hidden select than obviously wait for me to pick first.

I think I'm going to start doing hidden select just because I'm so sick of people doing that.

Play a character you like, rear end in a top hat, don't just try to counterpick me with characters you don't even know how to play. :mad:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gently caress you, Injustice community.

I'm going to keep hoping that the names are in order from least votes to most, so Zatanna will win. :unsmith:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Unbound posted:

Nope. Static Shock will win it, no doubt in my mind. His Super Move can have him tag team with Gadget.

We need more magic characters dammit.

Shazam and Black Adam don't count, and screw Raven.

I'd actually be okay with Static Shock. I'd actually be okay with anybody on that list except for Power Girl and Red Hood, the pair that will almost certainly contain the winner.

It's not like they'll actually make the DLC anyways, I guess. v:shobon:v

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Everyone has a character that wanna see added. I would give an arm and a leg for Red Hood :v:

If that wasn't some sort of joke, that I didn't get, you are what's wrong with the world.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gannyGrabber posted:

Sadly the input is hard as gently caress since I have to go from blocking into a forward 1 while somehow not doing the bf1 for cat claws.

You could use alternate input mode probably.

Although it kinda sucks when you want to do a bf move.

Edit: Tom Brady is loving insufferable as an announcer.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

From the KombatNetwork stream chat, Paulo says:

Where ds is Deathstroke, ags is air gunshot, lgs is low gunshot, and ss is sword spin (I think the db3 not the df3).

Presumably this is in the Batgirl patch. Full patch notes are expected to be released Monday night.

Sword Spin is db3, right, not df3?

If so, that needed some sort of buff, it was pretty much entirely useless.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Fingers crossed Sinestros df2 arachnid does indeed hit mid like it's been rumored it will after patch.

Let Sinestro meter burn his trait to instantly get 1 bar of it. :getin:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Equilibrium posted:

Sinestro's trait loads 35% faster and d,f+2 to hit mid and recover at -11F

I like my idea better, but I'll take it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dosvidanya posted:

I hope her teleport is good for catching zoners like smoke's was (along with his parry) but from the trailer it looks like you have to pick where it goes (far/mid/close) so it'd be kind of hosed up if there was a deadzone for it.

I wouldn't mind that, since it would be kind of unique. It's not like we don't have any teleporting zoner-punishing characters currently.

As long as it didn't end up like Shazam's teleport. That is so bad.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

I wonder what kind of hate mail Grundy players get, if any, if ever?

THROWS ARE FOR PUSSIES :argh:

I've gotten plenty of rage quits but never any hatemail, except in response to taunts when they ragequit.

I have had people complement me or pick Grundy and show me things I was having trouble with.

Edit: When I've played Sinestro, on the other hand...

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

If someone managed to perfect an unskilled sore loser while constantly doing new poo poo, I guarantee that'd merit the greatest meltdown of all.

They'd yank their XBox out of their entertainment center and throw it out the window right before the final hit and nobody would ever hear of the meltdown.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/336532876436844544

For an unofficial poll, Boon sure is taking his sweet time to announce the results. Assuming that he isn't trolling as always, is kind of weird to see PG so low on the votations.

My hope that they're listed in ascending order by number of votes is still alive! :unsmith:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gently caress you, he's lying. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

She'd also be the most interesting to play of those remaining. Well, her and Swamp Thing.

• Locked thread