Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Try any string that cancels into his gas kick special and land a b3 off of that. Rest is up to you.

I've made a huge mistake.

We were trying to work that gas can in.

Best we got was 32 xx bbMB,323

Joker's parry blocks overhead attacks including the armored version of b3 or f3.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the games, Fibby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I would, but I don't have PMs. If a mod reads this would you mind fixing my typo in the title. "Amung" should be "Among."

Yeah, I try to MB all of those gas cans because they are all great on MB. Try 32xx Kick-gasMB j2 32xxflower. Should be a pretty decent damage and you might be able to MB that flower. If that doesn't work end it with a MBCrowbar or pistol.

And a bit of Ares knowledge to throw out, his j1 catches most air based moves. If you find yourself in the air at the same time, just press 1 and get ready to catch them before they hit the ground. An intercepting j1 112xxb4 is a great combo to go invisible, MB God Smack, or Teleport from. Similarly, j1 112xxb4,d can be combo'd out of if your fast enough with a dashing 112xx4, putting you at roughly mid-screen. Pretty much another perfect set-up for going invisible, God Smacking, or teleporting.

Something we noticed when I was practicing Ares was that his God Smack can get intercepted really easily. Fibby's Joker was knocking me out of the air left and right.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

If they should change it to anything, Comic Nerds and Fighting Spergs is to good for words.

I'm down for Sinestro: Sinestro among us.

If you guys are around in 30, I'll join in.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Great games tonight with the 360 crew. I am happy that I was able to take off Canadian's Superman armor bar.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Watch out using that if you're playing agianst Raven. The bullet moves so slow that It's really easy for Raven to warp it back at you.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Good question. I guess as long as you both had meter to burn!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

Why the hell are you not jumping into practice mode and testing this right away? :colbert:

I was posting on my lunch break at work :(

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

So I had a tough time beating Raven players for a long time but now if I see someone pick her I just immediately counterpick with Deathstroke. There's just nothing she can do to stop him and I love it.

Air teleport.

EDIT: I think most Raven players don't bother using her trait because it takes so long to activate. It wasn't until last night that I learned you can activate her trait in the air. That made it a lot more feasible or me to use.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 11, 2013

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Picked this game up the other day, just beat story mode, going through the battles now. I don't play much of fighting games online as I suck at them (except MK, I was ok at it...not great, but ok) but the single player is still pretty fun. I do hate Harley Quinn's redesign with a burning passion though. I spent $4 on a skin pack just to make her not look like a clown themed prostitute.

I suck too and hate fighting game people because they are no fun and send you mean messages about being a friend of the family human being jew when you win/lose. The 360 goon population is great. They will help you not suck so much and you will have fun.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Why has the FGC suddenly a symbol of everything that's bad in this thread? We like to be competitive and play the game on a high level, that's not the same as calling you a jew when we lose. Guess what, people who bought the game just because the Joker is on the cover will also call you bad names when they get mad. It has nothing to do with whether they're a "fighting game player" or not.

The giant stick up your rear end over a tongue in cheek post is pretty much the reason. Believe it or not, people play game for different reasons. I'm not a competitive gamer, I like co-op or single player games. I don't know if Joker is the same, but from his post and recognizing him from BSS, I thought I would let him know that the goons playing this game are not assholes, will actually take the time to help people who suck get better at the game and make the multiplayer component fun.

Except you. You are the stereotype.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Videotendo posted:

Hey, did anyone more casual with the game on XBL wanna play around later? I won't be off work until 3pm MST, but if you want, you can add my tag. It's HonorableThief.

I love playing with the hardcore people here, but sometimes it feels like I watch for 10 minutes to get annihilated in 10 seconds.

<----GT Add me. If I'm dicking around in Skyrim I'll take a break to play. If it's late night/early morning and I'm in Netflix, I'm probably sleeping.

Didn't mean to insult anyone here last night, nor did I mean to put anyone down for being competitive. I have not played against a single goon who has been anything less than helpful. This is a great community for getting casual people who usually just want to spam special moves or throws (me in every previous fighting game) to actually learn how to play. You guys rock, seriously.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

But... doesn't it net you a win if your opponent disconnects? Or least the quiter a loss? That was gorgeous.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Videotendo posted:

Sorry I missed you last night, I had no chance to get to my 360. I will hopefully be free after work today though. I really need some 1v1 training.

No worries, if I'm around I'll at least respond. Won't be online until after Game of Thrones tonight.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I had no idea who this was until now. I googled him and now I need to read up/hope for him somehow being in the game. It would be interesting to see how they would manage that.

Read the old Morrison trades and then move on to the current series. Animal Man is great.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've seen the term "push block" mentioned a few times and it doesn't seem to be in the OP. What does it mean? Just normal push back to block?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

My one-worders are 'embarrassing' or 'shameful', and if I have my keyboard control plugged in I send them a 'go home and be a family man'. I get lots of swear rants in return.

Does anybody have Raven experience? I played a few matches with her earlier and came out even. I find her db2 is hard to hit with, but I suppose that's because it's way better than the df2.

I figure her strategy is something along the lines of defensive zoning play, and then a shift into offense when your trait is up? She's basically just like P4A's Aegis. I should play her more often.

Currently maining Raven. I suck though. f222 xxdb2 is her go to combo. If you meter burn it, they are going to bounvce high enough that you can do a j1 or 2, can't remember which, into f222 again. What I usually do is MB the grab then follow up with a df2 to catch them before they hit. db2 should be your reflex whenever someone jumps or you upper cut them.

Her real danger is in using her trait, something I neglected because activating it gets your rear end kicked. A kind good then informed me that you can activate it in the air!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I *think* I was having trouble connecting with the b3s.

What do you guys do when your opponent figures out that he can totally negate you by down blocking?

BTW: Any 360 goons going to be on in about an hour?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Alex Valle appears to be taking Flash back into practice and working on his combos: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
TeamhAZmat from Arizona are running sets: http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
James Chen is playing online while talking about old man things like his wistful reminiscence of old school SF2: http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv
And of course, Arturo is still going strong on his stream (which I linked a little earlier).

Edit: Oh hey, the TeamhAZmat stream even has a Raven on right now, how apropos.

Scene transitions do less damage when part of a combo?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know that. I just watched on the stream where Raven beat the poo poo out of Deathstroked, popped him up into a b3 with about 10% health left and the scene transition did almost no damage.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I am having issues with Deathstroke I don't think Raven's projectile warp counters his machine gun.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Awesome Andy posted:

Joker is really fun to play as I just wish his trait was useful.
Playing against goons is always humbling but the turn around when I play pubbies is pretty fantastic, you guys really are the best practice.

This is so true. I'll probably start playing again next week when Batgirl comes out.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/336532876436844544

For an unofficial poll, Boon sure is taking his sweet time to announce the results. Assuming that he isn't trolling as always, is kind of weird to see PG so low on the votations.

Awwww, PG! This had Swamp Thing as an option, right? Hopefully he's #1

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Anyone on 360 want to play superheroes? Toss an invite to Soonmot.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Does it have to be in ranked? i got no problem jobbing for ya.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got my first rage quit today in ranked as Batgirl fighting against a Superman.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Holy Calamity! posted:

XBL Goonroom up

Headed in!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SuddenBlackout posted:

Going to be playing on xbl while drinking and eating BBQ if anyone wants some sets. GT:SuddenBlackout

This is how I usually play!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Is "Block spamming" considered a thing? Someone seems to be mad at me for blocking.

I think unless you just stand motionless, they will say you cheated.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I'm pretty casual and don't do fighting games much. I just bought the game for Wonder Woman. So I'm not that good but I don't get why people get upset over it. It just boggles my mind.

I think I'm getting a little better every day with her though. And yes grabs get me all the time! But they tend to also get my opponents so it works out.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong that's considered bad showmanship in a fighting game.

Thanks!

I'm super casual too, just play with goons more often. I still suck, but I am much better than when I started. I've also taken a step back to make sure I get the basics down like blocking and punishing instead of focusing on combos that I don't have the skills to pull off. The goon community is very accepting to casual players like us and, since winning by blow out gets boring, they will help you get better. :)

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

That's pretty much all I do, I just go into a room and challenge 1v1, unless I accidentally accept a KotH match. I wouldn't mind a voyeur only option on KotH for times when I just want to watch, because it's tedious sometimes when I just want to play.

If you're on the 360 add GT Soonmot, I'll always respond if I'm around in another game/netflix.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the games, guys. Glad I finally got some Joker parries in there.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah the best one I've seen lat wise was Blazblue: Continuum Shift. It's way of dealing with lag was that if one person slowed down, both players slowed down. Otherwise the inputs felt crisp and responsive.

Anyways really fun matches tonight with Soonmot. Learned a couple things about Shazam and you learned a couple things about Joker! I call that a win-win.

Hellz yeah. I learned to never let Shazam get me in a corner! Great matches.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tommy 2.0 posted:

BADGER BADGER

What system are you on?

360, I thought we were already e-pals? What's your GT?

I miss CoH.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is around on xbox, I'm going to be doing some Joker practice. Hit me up at Soonmot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Won a bunch of ranked matches as Joker this afternoon. I lost many more, but still. IMPROVING!

The best thing is that, now when I lose, I can see why and usually figure out what I need to do to correct it. I'm still having trouble getting in on Deathstrokes, which is weird because I had no issues when using Raven.

• Locked thread