Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
He has 2 strings that naturally go together, and huge hitboxes on other ones. The trickiest part of any combo in the game (besides the weird need for precision) for me has always been landing a b3 after a string but his b3 has to be landed after a huge ground bounce which makes it easier imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The patches didn't do much except shuffling a few characters around and nerfing some already bad ones (Kano) for no good reason. Like 90% of the effort went into fixing Cyrax and look how well that turned out.

Edit: That said they seem to be taking it slow with the balance changes to Injustice so far, so that's a step in the right direction from MK9.

I remember the summer of Jax.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

QCB while doing it.

So bf3, qcb

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Safer than a whiff but I'm not sure how punishable it is still.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

EQ by itself really isn't that impressive, EQ with the threat of meter behind it in the corner is though. 22 df2 or 22 df2mb basically means they guess which you're going to do and risk eating full combo if they guess wrong with regards to the meter burn version.

It's also safe iirc.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Stage transitions are also unclashable so you can use them to guarantee a death.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

It only mentions on hit, not on block. Don't get hit and you'll probably still be able to punish.

I think the issue was even if it hit someone, they could punish you after without meter lol.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Did you mean to quote someone else...?

No. Deathstroke's spin was like a self tech trap where if you managed to land a hit with it, pushing a button afterward meant you were going to eat something. The issue wasn't never being hit, or not being able to punish it. The problem was there was no reason to use it for DS players.

Even now with the "+4" it'll just make everyone return to that weird neutral state that JMCrofts talked about.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

Well there was a reason to use it if you felt like EX-ing it. It's the best reversal he's got.

I mentioned meter earlier but yeah

AnonSpore posted:

I'm still not seeing how that's relevant to my post, which was a response to another poster misinterpreting safe on hit as safe on block.

I was elaborating on your non-elaboration. I don't see why this is an issue.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Krad posted:

Turtling won't mean anything once Batgirl is released. That teleport... :getin:

I hope her teleport is good for catching zoners like smoke's was (along with his parry) but from the trailer it looks like you have to pick where it goes (far/mid/close) so it'd be kind of hosed up if there was a deadzone for it.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Because Tom Brady knows how to use interactables.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

And now, after a long time, he knows how to win majors.

Tom Brady finally arrives :clint:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I hope they have subtitles for her when she talks backwards during clashes.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Insulting people backwards :unsmigghh:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Edit: Her 111 string is something silly like +22 on hit, so instead of a frame trap you just get a safe mixup attempt after it.

I expect people to test it later but there seems to be a huge gap between the 2nd and 3rd 1 so I assume it can be interrupted/parried

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Works for me then :clint:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

http://testyourmight.com/threads/batgirl-unblockable-reset.32883/

Batgirl S+ tier :clint:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

People had better guess right on her 50/50 :clint:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Here's something you can do right now in Ranked:

Pick batgirl, stay max distance and get fireballed until you have 1 bar of meter (or you know, punch them at the beginning), let them get comfortable and then dd3 mb, j2 b12 d2 bf1, 1, mb, d2, bf1, 1, mb, until they die.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

And it's a complete "YOU'RE SPAMMING THE SAME MOVE OVER AND OVER" moment.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

JackDarko posted:

I have absolutely no idea why the frame shakes during this, but it's exciting regardless.

EDIT: Nevermind something went horribly wrong.

edit gone now

The "really?" at the end was wonderful.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 22, 2013

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Her teleport is pretty fair too since it leaves you full screen without meter burn imo. She's basically smoke with an actual 50/50 and options. I'm definitely going to keep working at her.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo ok now I got it, that's nuts.

:twisted:

It's a true infinite too, you just need to alter the timing of the d2 to punch them as soon as they reach you so the bola connects.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Someone post some deathstroke combos or whatever. I'm thinking about being a scumbag and spending time with him instead of lantern as a secondary to doomsday.

Try this:

b222 :)

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

RIP S+ tier batgirl... unless they added a completely new bug :getin:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Infinites are part of fighting games. Let the community figure out tech to fight it imo.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I just can't understand the kneejerk reaction to this! I mean Marvel has infinites, but no one bans Dr. Doom right? :clint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnjpLrQqfqQ

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Just tested the hotfix

Here's what they fixed: the infinite.

Here's what they didn't fix: MB bola without meter.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Actually they may not have fixed it? I went online and everything. Sometimes they fall out but I'm doing 3 reps of the bola loop without meter as long as you don't start with just the bola.

edit: Was the hotfix for PS3 or xbox? I figured it would have been straight to an ini since I didn't download anything on my PS3.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 23, 2013

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

It still is an infinite afaict. Can someone get on and let me practice on them in online training?

psn name: Gentacle

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

For some reason in single player training it was showing as "unblockable" but in online training mode the MB version of bola now hits mid. So yeah, guess it's fixed.

edit: I'll prob join some rooms this week (not tonight). I'm out of practice due to Dragon's Dogma lol.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Wait, there's a character who can actually get use out of 2 meters for a bounce cancel? :psyduck:

• Locked thread