Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

doctor 7 posted:

Great OP. I had no idea my 60d was so terrible. :(

May want to update it a bit in regards to the Rebels as the T2i and T2i have the same sensor but the T4i and T5i (lol) have a definitely better one.

Haha, what? It really isn't a terrible camera. The fact that people complain about it being plastic and having different controls than it's predecessors (I mean seriously?) means they aren't spending enough time, you know, taking pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

rcman50166 posted:

Haha, what? It really isn't a terrible camera. The fact that people complain about it being plastic and having different controls than it's predecessors (I mean seriously?) means they aren't spending enough time, you know, taking pictures.

Ha, I was being sarcastic. I moved up from a T2i so the 60D is better in literally every way for me. Never used a 50D so I can't compare the two.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

BeanTaco posted:

In that case get the one that's not made of plastic.

Is the 60D made of plastic? That sucks, my 30D is made of ~*~mystery metal~*~ and I just assumed they would have continued that down the line.

Problem solved, then!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Plastic isn't going to mysteriously fall apart in 20 years.

This thread is as nuts as the old one.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

doctor 7 posted:

Ha, I was being sarcastic. I moved up from a T2i so the 60D is better in literally every way for me. Never used a 50D so I can't compare the two.

Oh I see. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text sometimes. I own both the 40D and 60D right now. Jumping back and forth is so hard and unmanageable.

But really, I don't even notice the build quality differences. I'm not sure what people complain about.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Even though my 60D is plastic :ohdear: I've dropped the dumb thing more times than I should have and it still runs like a champ. Whatev.

Edit: also, my 50mm works just fine after my dog stopped chewing on it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

Plastic isn't going to mysteriously fall apart in 20 years.

This thread is as nuts as the old one.
Oh yeah, I'm sure plastic will be fine, my mom's just old and thinks plastic is this new fangled trick to make people buy things more often than they need to. She will also be so careful with it that it could be made of glass and it would probably be fine forever.

But the camera she bought in Japan in 1986 still works, and it's metal, ergo...

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Casu Marzu posted:

Even though my 60D is plastic :ohdear: I've dropped the dumb thing more times than I should have and it still runs like a champ. Whatev.

Hell, I did this with the T3, which isn't even made of good plastic, and it was still fine.

Removing AF micro-adjust was kind of a dick move, but I'll live.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
AF micro-adjust is a godsend. If you use Sigma lenses, anyway. I spent an hour tweaking the AF of my 50mm/1.4 a while ago, and yesterday I took tons of pictures on a party and the AF didn't fail me once, none of these front focusing issues and what not, despite shooting wide open. If I wouldn't have done it, pictures would have ended up lovely (the correction is +10, which seems significant for a shallow DOF lens). I don't want to miss micro-adjust.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

At the risk of exposing myself to further ridicule for not knowing everything about my 1dx -- is there anything that anyone can think of that would cause the camera to severely underexpose each picture? I went out shooting yesterday and every single shot has a histogram like this (auto-iso, so it's not that I'm specifying ISO 100 either):

I usually shoot using spot metering, but it doesn't seem to matter what I pick as all the shots came out like this.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Did you accidentally dial down your exposure compensation if you're shooting Av?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Casu Marzu posted:

Did you accidentally dial down your exposure compensation if you're shooting Av?
No :( I also reset everything to factory defaults just now and still the same.

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
I mean, the only way to make each picture consistent is to shoot full manual mode. The meter on my camera always tells me to overexpose by literally four or five stops. It could be that your camera is doing the same thing and wants all the pictures to be taken really underexposed. That being said, the easiest way to learn how ISO affects what and when to change it is just to take pictures of the same thing or roughly the same thing, changing the settings, and comparing the two. If you're shooting a 1dx, then the ISO performance is going to be pretty outstanding as compared to my lovely little T1i, so you can push it probably pretty considerably. From the settings that it shows, it seems like the lighting conditions were fairly good. But (take this with a grain of salt, I have never shot birds or wildlife), it seems to me like you could have shot with a little faster shutter speed and come out with a brighter picture, because it doesn't seem that the bird is going to take flight any time soon.

But don't worry about not knowing everything about your camera. It took my months to learn everything about one of the smallest functionality wise camera

Boneitis fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 12, 2013

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
The 60D may be a plastic piece of poo poo upgrade if you owned a 50D but it feels like a pretty solid upgrade if you owned a Rebel.

Canon's plan for camera bodies seems to defy logic but as long as there's good bodies and I can take good pictures I don't really give a poo poo. Life's too short to worry about technology only getting incremental upgrades.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Boneitis posted:

I mean, the only way to make each picture consistent is to shoot full manual mode. The meter on my camera always tells me to overexpose by literally four or five stops. It could be that your camera is doing the same thing and wants all the pictures to be taken really underexposed. That being said, the easiest way to learn how ISO affects what and when to change it is just to take pictures of the same thing or roughly the same thing, changing the settings, and comparing the two. If you're shooting a 1dx, then the ISO performance is going to be pretty outstanding as compared to my lovely little T1i, so you can push it probably pretty considerably. From the settings that it shows, it seems like the lighting conditions were fairly good. But (take this with a grain of salt, I have never shot birds or wildlife), it seems to me like you could have shot with a little faster shutter speed and come out with a brighter picture, because it doesn't seem that the bird is going to take flight any time soon.

But don't worry about not knowing everything about your camera. It took my months to learn everything about one of the smallest functionality wise camera
It's not that I'm a camera newbie, but the 1dx is fairly new for me. In terms of settings this underexposing is a recent change. Prior to yesterday I could shoot anything and have my histogram come out perfectly balanced. There's no reason for my camera to underexpose that bird shot I posted since it had plenty of options to increase exposure, so I suspect either I've changed some setting that is directing the metering to do this or my camera is broken -- which also wouldn't surprise me since I did trip this winter and get to watch as my 1dx & 600mm smashed into an ice-packed road. Before I send it in I want to make sure it isn't user error.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Reset the camera settings, put it in green box auto mode and try another shot.

If that doesn't work, can I have it? :)

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Dropped a t3i with the 50mm 1.4 attached and now it wont focus closer than 1.5M! The camera itself is fine, but the lens has the same problem in auto and manual modes. Anything worth trying on the home repair front before I send it in?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

MixMasterMalaria posted:

Dropped a t3i with the 50mm 1.4 attached and now it wont focus closer than 1.5M! The camera itself is fine, but the lens has the same problem in auto and manual modes. Anything worth trying on the home repair front before I send it in?

Manually focus beyond that, you'll find that it won't AF at short distances. I fixed mine for the most part by simply rotating the focus ring several times through it's full rotation.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 12, 2013

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

HookShot posted:

Oh yeah, I'm sure plastic will be fine, my mom's just old and thinks plastic is this new fangled trick to make people buy things more often than they need to. She will also be so careful with it that it could be made of glass and it would probably be fine forever.

But the camera she bought in Japan in 1986 still works, and it's metal, ergo...

Don't tell her it's plastic. Tell her it's "composite" (that's what Canon does). If she asks, just be like "it's composite...you know, next-gen stuff like carbon fiber or whatever."

And as a 60D owner for going on more than 1.5 years, I can say that the difference in toughness between "composite" and mag-alloy is pretty much psychological for 95% of users. The body is *really* more than tough enough, with the added benefit that it won't dent or scuff like metal (not that the former is super common, but whatever). The 60D isn't as weatherproofed as its more expensive brethren/predecessor are, but I've taken the camera to three different continents, and used it extensively for months-long work contracts, and it still looks and performs like it did in 2011.

I would even go so far as to recommend that you go cheaper with your mom's camera. Either get her a T3i/T4i (I think this thread has made it pretty clear by now that you shouldn't spend a premium on the insult that is the T5i "upgrade") or give her your 30D (after buying yourself some new hotness) to learn on before buying her whatever the hot new Rebel is in a few years (it will probably be more capable than the 60D) when her trip is actually going to happen. Given what you've mentioned about her, the 60D's benefits over the Rebels would probably go right over her head and be meaningless to her right now. Those features aside, the 60D and T3i are basically the same camera minus some extra weather sealing in the 60D.

Take the extra money you'd spend on a 60D and buy her some digital photography classes at your local art school/college.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Take the extra money you'd spend on a 60D and buy her some digital photography classes at your local art school/college.

How many classes can you get for $100? The 60D has come down in price a lot.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

MixMasterMalaria posted:

It was about $100 when I sent in my 50 1.4 to have the AF calibrated after a drop.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
The rebel does also have the advantage of being smaller and lighter than the 60D or 7D. So maybe she'll be more inclined to take it along wherever she goes outside.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

How many classes can you get for $100? The 60D has come down in price a lot.

Good point. You could probably get a couple of adult-ed weekend classes for that much. There's a photography store near my parents' house in CT that holds 4-hour beginner/intermediate/advanced "how to use your camera" courses and camera walks with local pro photographers for like $30 a pop. The public library in town also has Saturday photography classes as part of their "adult enrichment" curriculum every summer for ~$250/12 weeks. It's certainly not the same as a semester of night classes in composition at your local art school or university, but it's something.

I'm going to retract and modify my earlier statement:

HookShot, if your mom isn't going to the Galapagos for, as you put it, "a couple years" then I don't think it makes sense for you to buy her a new camera now. It also doesn't make sense for you to buy her a mid-tier prosumer camera when it's clear that she can barely wrap her head around using the features in a point-'n-shoot.

For reference:

HookShot posted:

She recently (like as in this past year) learned how to use a digital camera for the first time after years of using film. Her current "method" is to take one picture of whatever she takes a picture of (landscapes or her garden) with every single one of the settings on her P&S, and then keep whatever one looks the best.

It also definitely doesn't make sense for you to buy her a mid-tier prosumer camera that is almost twothree years old at this point. By the time her trip rolls around, there will probably be Rebels on the market that can run circles around the 60D for $600. And this is assuming that she can even use the drat thing by then and didn't get intimidated into giving up by all of the complicated stuff.

HookShot posted:

I'm just not sure if I should get her the 60D or the 7D.... but I just don't know if it's too much and the 60D would be fine for someone like her.

They're both too much for her right now. Hell, a T2i is probably too much for her right now.

Give her your 30D or buy her a similarly old DSLR for ~$250. Take the rest of the money that you would've spent on a new camera and put it toward some kind of digital photography education. Buy her a new camera when (a) her skills improve enough to make it worthwhile (b) her trip is actually going to happen. Get yourself something nice to replace the 30D (if you were considering giving a 7D as a birthday present, then I'm sure you'll be able to afford a good camera for yourself now and a good one for Mom in the future).

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 12, 2013

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

InternetJunky posted:

At the risk of exposing myself to further ridicule for not knowing everything about my 1dx -- is there anything that anyone can think of that would cause the camera to severely underexpose each picture? I went out shooting yesterday and every single shot has a histogram like this (auto-iso, so it's not that I'm specifying ISO 100 either):

I usually shoot using spot metering, but it doesn't seem to matter what I pick as all the shots came out like this.

You dont have any filters attached do you?

(I have done this)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Thanks for the advice, Electric Bugaloo.

The thing is, I think the reason she doesn't understand her point and shoot is the fact that they're all automatic settings. She's been shooting film regularly for years, has a perfect understanding of aperture/ISO/shutter speed and all that stuff, and I'm certain that 99% of the learning curve is just going to be learning to change everything in a digital format instead of doing it with film, as well as the new mystical technology of autofocus. Her current P&S just doesn't allow her to do any manual settings, hence the playing around with all the settings it does have.

That said, I think you're probably right. I'll just give her my 30D for now and buy myself the 7D. The weight thing won't be an issue, it's just not a thing she cares about. If she wants to take the camera somewhere, she will bring it with her no matter what, things like it being a bit heavy won't bother her a bit. That way, regardless by the time her trip comes along she will have had enough practice with it that even if she gets a new/better camera before going to the Galapagos that she'll know how it works.

Thanks again for the advice, it's definitely the correct idea I think.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So apparently the new Magic Lantern enables 14 bit RAW @ 24fps on the 5D Mk3. Regretting my Nikon erry day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's some real magic right there, boggles my mind how this won't completely gently caress up the sensor but fair play to them.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

BonoMan posted:

So apparently the new Magic Lantern enables 14 bit RAW @ 24fps on the 5D Mk3. Regretting my Nikon erry day.

You'll be able to record like...10 minutes of raw on a pair of 64gb CF cards (and iirc the mk3 doesn't have high speed SD slots) so I'd be tempered in my excitement about that.

Plus I already have a BMC so it's not like I am in a rush to ditch my D600.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

1st AD posted:

You'll be able to record like...10 minutes of raw on a pair of 64gb CF cards (and iirc the mk3 doesn't have high speed SD slots) so I'd be tempered in my excitement about that.

Plus I already have a BMC so it's not like I am in a rush to ditch my D600.

Oh god I forgot about the memory card thing with the mkiii. Also sell me your BMCC kthx.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Oh I just checked and the release is kind of misleading.

14-bit DNG's come from the LiveView display image, so I'm not sure if it captures the full dynamic range that the sensor is capable of, or if some information is lost. Also the buffer and CF write speeds are an issue - apparently getting 6 seconds is the max you can record before the buffer is full. Definitely doesn't hold a candle to the BMCC where you can record until your drive is full as long as you have enough power.

If I were you I'd just wait until the BMC Pocket Camera comes out if you really want a cheapo raw video device.

edit: Was looking at days-old info.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 13, 2013

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

InternetJunky posted:

You don't have auto-lighting optimization on do you? That poo poo is on by default on my 7D and it's a terrible terrible thing.

Just picked up a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 A1. (the new version) Tons of purple fringing at 1.4 but otherwise fantastic so far. Build quality is excellent. Auto focus seems great too, but I haven't started pixel peeping yet.

Inf
Jan 4, 2003

BBQ

Dalax posted:

You dont have any filters attached do you?

(I have done this)

Filters would not cause TTL metering to diverge from the exposure level in the actual photo. It would darken the image, but the metering system sees it through the darkened optical system just like the sensor would, and exposure would be adjusted commensurately. As far as the metering system would know, it's just a slightly dark scene (if you had an ND filter attached, for instance).

It sounds like he's using one of the Av or Tv modes (does the 1DX even have a noob green box mode??), so in that case, the problem is probably with either the exposure compensation being dialed down all the way, or something's wrong with his camera's metering system.

Shoot in manual and do some test shots -- see what the camera's metering system suggests, take the photo at that exposure level, then look at the histogram in playback. Put the camera into manual mode, increase the exposure level, then try again and see if the histogram distribution doesn't move to the right. If so, then your camera is just metering wrong for some reason. Double check that your exposure compensation is at zero (the middle of the +/- scale). If your camera is still suggesting underexposure on "typical" low contrast scene, say, the side of a white/gray building on a cloudy day, then there's probably something wrong with the camera and you should send it in for inspection and repair.

Inf fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 13, 2013

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

HookShot posted:

The thing is, I think the reason she doesn't understand her point and shoot is the fact that they're all automatic settings. She's been shooting film regularly for years, has a perfect understanding of aperture/ISO/shutter speed and all that stuff, and I'm certain that 99% of the learning curve is just going to be learning to change everything in a digital format instead of doing it with film, as well as the new mystical technology of autofocus. Her current P&S just doesn't allow her to do any manual settings, hence the playing around with all the settings it does have.

This would have been awesome to know from the beginning. It completely changes my perspective and response. From the way you had presented the scenario the first time, it seemed to me like your mom didn't really know how to use anything more complicated than a simple rangefinder. Now it seems like she'd be right at home with a good SLR, just as long as it wasn't digital. That's a totally different kettle of fish dude.

If the whole issue is shifting her from film into digital, then there are a ton of inexpensive resources that are ideal for her. The camera shop I mentioned in an earlier post has a $30 course specifically geared toward getting proficient film shooters comfortable with their new dSLRs. Ask any decent camera shop around and they should be able to point you toward some kind of resource. If they've been around for more than a decade and a half, then the mass exodus of old people from film to digital has been an important part of their business history. There are also a lot of books out there for this purpose.

I'm not totally sure if this voids my old suggestion or not. On the one hand, I think that the whole 'film-->digital' hump is tiny compared to understanding the mechanics of photography and your mom would probably be fine with a new dSLR in a few weeks or months. If that's the case, then maybe- why not get her a 60D or 7D now? It sounds like she'd milk the features over something like a Rebel once she figured out where they were. She'll be able to have fun shooting for the next few years and be totally comfortable with the camera when she goes to the Galapagos. As for which of the two, the 60D is probably more than fine. It's probably going to be replaced with a 70D soon, so I'd maybe wait until then to either get the new model or get the old model for less money. In fact, you could get two 60Ds for (quite) roughly the price of one 7D, depending on the kit lens situation. You know, that's not a bad upgrade from a 30D either....

On the other hand, her trip is still in a few years. The 30D might be fine for her at this moment as an introduction to the perks of digital.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 13, 2013

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Electric Bugaloo posted:

This would have been awesome to know from the beginning. It completely changes my perspective and response. From the way you had presented the scenario the first time, it seemed to me like your mom didn't really know how to use anything more complicated than a simple rangefinder. Now it seems like she'd be right at home with a good SLR, just as long as it wasn't digital. That's a totally different kettle of fish dude.
Ah yeah, sorry. I should have been clearer on that point.

quote:

If the whole issue is shifting her from film into digital, then there are a ton of inexpensive resources that are ideal for her. The camera shop I mentioned in an earlier post has a $30 course specifically geared toward getting proficient film shooters comfortable with their new dSLRs. Ask any decent camera shop around and they should be able to point you toward some kind of resource. If they've been around for more than a decade and a half, then the mass exodus of old people from film to digital has been an important part of their business history. There are also a lot of books out there for this purpose.

I'm not totally sure if this voids my old suggestion or not. On the one hand, I think that the whole 'film-->digital' hump is tiny compared to understanding the mechanics of photography and your mom would probably be fine with a new dSLR in a few weeks or months. If that's the case, then maybe- why not get her a 60D or 7D now? It sounds like she'd milk the features over something like a Rebel once she figured out where they were. She'll be able to have fun shooting for the next few years and be totally comfortable with the camera when she goes to the Galapagos. As for which of the two, the 60D is probably more than fine. It's probably going to be replaced with a 70D soon, so I'd maybe wait until then to either get the new model or get the old model for less money. In fact, you could get two 60Ds for (quite) roughly the price of one 7D, depending on the kit lens situation. You know, that's not a bad upgrade from a 30D either....

On the other hand, her trip is still in a few years. The 30D might be fine for her at this moment as an introduction to the perks of digital.
I'll definitely get her into a course like that, I'm sure they exist around here, especially since we're in the part of the suburbs that has enough young people that there's a community college and enough old people that they have to be catered to!

And yeah, that's kind of where all the flip-flopping comes from. I think I might give her the 30D for now, because I do know it will last her a while and she'll be happy with it, then get her something newer before the trip, and then buy either a 60D or 7D myself. I haven't decided which one I'm going for yet, I'll probably be more than fine with a 60D but I'm not ruling anything out just yet.

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it!

Inf
Jan 4, 2003

BBQ
Finally used my 8mm Samyang/Rokinon today for something, this lens is drat sharp. Stopped it down to f/11, didn't even have to check the focus (just set it at infinity and literally everything beyond 1 ft or so was in focus)

Also, surprisingly no real flare problems, shooting straight into the sun too. I covered the lens up between shots because I was paranoid about burning a hole in my focusing screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJWZAIs1HJE

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!

Inf posted:

Finally used my 8mm Samyang/Rokinon today for something, this lens is drat sharp. Stopped it down to f/11, didn't even have to check the focus (just set it at infinity and literally everything beyond 1 ft or so was in focus)

Also, surprisingly no real flare problems, shooting straight into the sun too. I covered the lens up between shots because I was paranoid about burning a hole in my focusing screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJWZAIs1HJE

That looks really nice. I've only come across Samyang lenses recently, but so far they look like they have decent image quality, especially considering their price point. How is the build quality on yours?

goattrails fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 13, 2013

Inf
Jan 4, 2003

BBQ

goattrails posted:

That looks really nice. I've only come across Samyang lenses recently, but so far they look like they have decent image quality, especially considering their price point. How is the build quality on yours?

Thanks

The build quality is pretty good, especially for the price. My only gripe would be that there's not really any good non-rotating part of the lens barrel, so mounting and removing the lens feels really fumbly since you don't have anything solid to grab onto, i.e. 'trying to twist me onto your camera? gently caress you, have some aperture ring rotation!'

A lot of people (especially Nikon users) have complained that the focus scale isn't calibrated right out of the box, but I honestly can't tell. This fisheye has such an insane depth of field at any aperture, it'd be really hard for me to tell without obsessively taking test shots and pixel peeping the hell out of them. It looks like there's a set screw for it on the side of the focusing ring, so I imagine correcting it is relatively straightforward.

I mean, the obvious tradeoff with all the Samyang stuff is no AF and no electronic aperture. Neither of these is a problem for time lapse stuff though, and a manual aperture is actually a big advantage for that use.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
There is a VDSR version of it that i assume solves the gripes with mounting/dismounting:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/samyang-8mm-t3-8-asph-if-mc-fisheye-cs-vdslr-review-19835
(the aperture is slightly smaller however).

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Yeah, I can completely empathize with that.

When I'm out with friends they often make me the photo camera guy with their no-name brand point and shoots for group shots. "Here, take a picture!" and they just hand it to me. Everything is so God drat tiny you can't easily read what anything is and I don't spend time in automatic modes so GOD drat IT KEVIN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE TINY WHEEL IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE GOBLIN MINING FOR IT TO BE IN PICTURE TAKING MODE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Replaced my focusing screen on my T2i today. Pretty easy however very stressful at the same time.

New screen still has dust on it. Lesson to be learned here: Don't worry about dust in your viewfinder you idiot.

At least my red focus light is visible again.