Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Are there any options on a Canon that will influence the JPEG output to make them unreadable on certain devices?

I have been using a 60D for over a year now, but since a few weeks my Lacinema Classic mediaplayer suddenly won't play the images anymore. They work fine on my phone, computer, tablet, etc. It says the filetype is unknown, but they are the exact same straight-from-camera JPEG files that I used before. After I take those forwhite balancing and cropping or whatever editing I do it still won't play them, so it seems something in the file itself makes it unreadable.

I can't think of anything I changed since it started, neither device had a firmware update and Google isn't helping.

Edit: Apparantly it DOES show images straight from the camera, but after editing in Gimp it suddenly cannot display them anymore. Guess it is a Gimp issue, not Canon.

Edit 2: Figured it was the Exif data since clearing that (which included info on how Gimp was the origin) made the first file work, but other 160+ are still not showing. No idea what is causing this issue.

BioTech fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

The pancake is amazing, I never once touched my 50 again after using it. So sharp.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

HookShot posted:

What's that really, really good Samyang (I remember it's wide, but I can't remember how wide) that had basically better quality than all the Canon lineup?

I think you actually mean the 14, there were some comparison shots on here and the result was amazing.