Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

InternetJunky posted:

At the risk of exposing myself to further ridicule for not knowing everything about my 1dx -- is there anything that anyone can think of that would cause the camera to severely underexpose each picture? I went out shooting yesterday and every single shot has a histogram like this (auto-iso, so it's not that I'm specifying ISO 100 either):

I usually shoot using spot metering, but it doesn't seem to matter what I pick as all the shots came out like this.

You dont have any filters attached do you?

(I have done this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Tenderloin posted:

I don't think the Sigma 8-16mm takes filters but would love to hear more about the differences. Definitely deliberating between this and Canon's 10-22mm which is a stop faster and about $100 cheaper, but I have the 17-55mm and kind of like that the 8-16mm doesn't overlap at all. Hmmm.

My Sigma 8-16 came with a detachable cuff which acts as an extra hood but also has a thread to attach screw on filters. That said, using it at anything other than 16mm will leave your pictures looking like a Bond film intro.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

So, I've got a 60D and I would like to upgrade my general 'tourist' lens. Currently I'm using the 28-105 3.5/4.5 USM.
I'm not happy with the results and I want to get something for no more than £450 - £500.
I'm happy to go pre-owned and was looking at the 24-105 f4L IS which I understand is the standard kit lens on the full frames. I would also be happy to go with whatever is good from Sigma and Tamron, especially if they do something a bit quicker than f4.