Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

BeastOfExmoor posted:

You have a few options:

To me it really depends on what kind of stuff you like to shoot, but if I wasn't so focused on wildlife and birds I'd move to full-frame RF.

was coming to find this thread after a long time away from the hobby, thank you for this pretty comprehensive solution before I even asked!

I'm taking a once in a lifetime trip to south africa/botswana and am going to pick up another body to complement my 50D so I can both not have to swap lenses, and so my sister can shoot too. When not on fabulous trips I'm usually shooting macro photos and my lens collection is pretty old but still functional:

17-50 Tamron DXii
Sigma 30/1.4
Canon 100mm Macro non-L
70-300L

Again I'm a decade out of serious hobby indulgence and I"m pretty surprised by how cheaply I can get a 5D MarkX or the 7D Mark II. The weight savings of the mirrorless thing is compelling but... eah. money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

snipperino but we grabbed an R10 for my wife and holy poo poo is it small. I mean I don't have huge hands and she finds it comfortable, but wow. my 50D is huge compared to this. I'm glad I didn't go further bargain basement because I cannot fathom how small the R50 is.