Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Crosspostin from the Science and Tech Image thread. Since there is no dedicated Astrophotography thread and im too :effort: to make one.

The sun, through a Hydrogen alpha filtered solar telescope onto my 550D, enhanced and colour corrected in Lightroom 4.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

casa de mi padre posted:

This is cool! You should make that thread.

I really dont know enough. I'm barely starting out and just read a few things on the internet, I know nothing about changing filters, Deep Sky Stacker, Registax or tracking telescopes, yet.

Also, you really need to get out of the city and thats a bit of an ordeal. You have to be pretty committed to drive an hour west of Brisbane and stand out in a field during winter, gently caress about and drive back.

I'm just a dude with a camera.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

The astronomy thread in DIY tends to pull double duty as an astrophotography thread, it's a good place for questions or to post good shots.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3155317&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Cheers. I'll take my spacepix there and leave you with this.

Canon Fisheye.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

xzzy posted:

Someone on reddit claiming they called canon, who said they are backordered 18,000 units of the R5 on just their direct store.. so that doesn't include backorders on Amazon, B&H, Adorama, whatever.

That camera seems extremely popular! Wonder how many Canon shooters have been chilling with their old body waiting for the company to release a competent mirrorless.

I have, but im also still considering abandoning it all for Sony.