Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

800peepee51doodoo posted:

lol at the 70-200 being considered huge

I just bought this monstrosity a little bit ago:

Bird photography is a helluva drug
what is that thing and does it screw together from six separate sections like it looks like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Helen Highwater posted:

According to some article I rea, Canon have been leaning on third party lens manufacturers to stop selling RF lenses. Or at least autofocus capable RF lenses, Laowa are still selling manual RF mount macro lenses, but Samyang and Viltrox have pulled all RF lenses and support software for them.

That really sucks if it's accurate. The EF/RF converter works fine but I was really hoping that Sigma and Tamron would port some of their nice AF lenses to the R mount in the reasonably near future.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
A white Canon lens without the red ring looks weird.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I found an EF 28-300mm f3.5-5.6L in a box at work and it seems like such a weird lens. It's also big and really heavy. I can't imagine ever wanting to buy one but I'm going to borrow it and give it a try just to see what Canon's superest (?) super zoom can do.