Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

landgrabber posted:

does anyone seriously know how to escape the pain of not being able to buy any good lenses because you're 16 and poor

because my yongnuo 50mm and canon 18-135 are starting to get depressing

You could rent a nice lens instead of buying one. It's like $40 to rent a 24-70/2.8 for a few days. If you really like the results then you know what to start saving for. If your photos still look unsatisfying then you know the problem is coming from somewhere else.

e:f,b ^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

InternetJunky posted:

quote:

Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III

FML

2 lbs lighter :stare:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

EVF + focus peaking + 5D4 sensor in a compact body is exactly what I've been looking for. I might pick this up on release.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I wouldn't worry about the corners since all the realty photos I've seen have been compressed to hell. It seems like halfway decent photography is a pretty low bar in that field.

https://twitter.com/BadRealtyPhotos/status/1050495022754385920

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Realty photography is a delightful venn diagram of bad photographers and horrifying interior design.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I think the 300/2.8 is the sweet spot of being versatile and also not being stupidly huge. Traveling and hiking with it is easy because it fits in a normal size backpack, the TCs work great for wildlife, and the bare lens is still useful for indoor stuff.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Canons new RF 100-300 2.8 is wild. Can't wait to see what else they can do with this mount.

The EF 300/2.8ii is my favorite lens, looking forward to see how well zoom version works with extenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

xzzy posted:

RF's worst feature is the cap on the camera side. You can't just slap it on and twist, no you gotta line the notch with the red mark. EF didn't care.

Worst lens mount ever! :v:

I haaate trying to put the caps on in the dark. Now I pretty much don't even bother.