Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Maybe this should go in the general questions thread, but I have been using the camera connect app to remotely trigger my eos t6, and sometimes instead of firing once it shoots 2-10 times in quick succession. Anyone know what might be up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

As far as I know (unless I have missed a setting which is possible). It only happens sometimes, and it will usually shoot once on the next attempt. I typically have it connected to a microscope and set to manual.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Thanks. It looks like all the settings are in order--it must be a bug with the camera connect app.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

An acquaintance just bought an eos 60d to replace his t6 and he's using it tethered to a computer via usb with the eos utility. The 5x and 10x live view zoom options that he used for fine focus on the t6 are greyed out with the 60d. Anyone have any idea why that might be?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

xzzy posted:

Get the 24-105 f/4. Save a lot of money, save a lot of weight, 2.8 is just bragging rights anyways. We all shoot at f/8 all the time, right?

:angel:
Speak for yourself, I routinely shoot at f/0.2 and occasionally at f/NaN :smuggo:
Don't ask what the effective f number is though.