Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Yeah, I'd guess one of the elements got knocked out of place or something. I have a 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 and I don't get anything like that

edit: This is 27mm @ f/4

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

KinkyJohn posted:

I need a new macro for detail wedding shots and occasional product photography. I'm choosing between the canon 100m L (~1100bux) and the sigma 105 mm (~750 bux). dxomark says the canon has some chromatic abberation on a FF's edges, while the sigma does not.

What would you choose?

If you're good at bouncing a speedlite, and you're not relying on natural light to grab those macro detail shots at a wedding, I'd go with the non-L 100mm Canon macro. The IS on the 100L is good if you're shooting in dim locations or using it for portraiture at a distance, and the image quality is amazing, but it's a hard price to justify.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Abes called to try and upsell me on an import lens. After a month, I called and asked what the deal was... "Yeah, it's not here yet. You should order the US model, I'll give you a deal". Price was the same as everywhere else. Avoid those dicks.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

The 135L is magical, but it does require the right settings. At weddings, I'll have my second shooter just stroll around and snipe 135mm natural candids of the guests. Those almost always get the best reaction when turning over the gallery.