Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

torgeaux posted:

Consider the 24-105 over the 24-70. Lighter, sharp, and the f/4 is a non-factor for wide, really.

The 24-70 F/4L IS is lighter than the 24-105 F/4L IS. :confused:

windex posted:

I have the Sigma 24mm Art, which is a great lens, but I bought it before the 20mm Art was announced, which I would consider instead, now.

Between Sigma primes vs L zooms, question is: How much do you shoot in low light?

The 35 Art and 50 1.4 are my go-to low-light lenses at the moment. I think I really just want to have coverage wider than 35.

Sounds like the 16-35 F/4L IS is the winner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I grabbed a 16-35 F/4L and I like it so far!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SMERSH Mouth posted:

There's also the 17-40 f/4 L that's even cheaper. One of the cheapest L-series zooms available afaik. And pretty good by most accounts.

I'd previously owned a 17-40L but the 16-35 F/4L has IS and better sharpness overall. I think it was worth the premium so far!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Verman posted:

Sterlingtek are great and reliable. I've used them in all my cameras for nearly a decade with zero issues.

Seconding this. I've got 4 backup SterlingTek batteries for my 5D3.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Verman posted:

Sterlingtek is the brand I've used for the last 12 years or so. I used them with my olympus and then my canon dslrs. They've been around a while and their batteries are usually sold in a 2 pack and $15 each or less. Zero issues, they usually have the same or higher capacity than the original.

For full day weddings (8-10 hours) that I shot 1k photos, I usually had a battery grip with two batteries and I never ran out during the day. I have wasabi batteries for my gopro and I've never had issues with them either.

Same, Sterlingtek had been my go-to for 3rd party batteries since my Rebel XT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Is this lens compression?