Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I think Canon is pretty good when it comes to FF cameras. They're over all solid cameras will many great lenses to choose from. Sure, they could use some modern features such as touch screens and better in camera software, but over all they're a solid choice for a working professional or serious amateur.

Crop on the other hand as always been lacking, at least since the late 2010's. With FF prices dropping and mirrorless cameras from other companies offering way more attractive packages, I think the crop DSLR is doomed. Canon really needs to get their mirrorless cameras up to snuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Center AF then recompose has never bothered me and I don't think I'd care about fancy AF systems. I don't shoot sports or birds or anything so I guess that helps. My 6D is still keeping me happy, no reason to upgrade here. The only thing I dislike about it is the non 100% viewfinder. I feel like if I had 100% I wouldn't need to crop as much. Maybe also a level in the viewfinder.