Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

InternetJunky posted:

If I could get one for zero dollars I'd say it's worth it too!

Keep in mind I'm not saying it's an amazing lens or that it doesn't serve any purpose. I'm just saying for that price it is horrible value for your money.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. It's 100% relative. If you shoot nothing but wide-angle images, then no kidding, it's horrible value. If you're a nature photographer for whom this lens fills exactly the range you needed and perhaps replaces several primes and allows you to get shots you couldn't before, then the value is probably tremendous. For me? It's a terrible value, but to say it's not exactly what was needed (and asked for) by a large group of photographers is completely asinine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU