Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Ugh, just bought a canon 24-105L IS for my vacation to pair with a 60D. It'll be my second L lens next to my trusty 70-200mm f/4L IS. What have I done? The next step into this madness will probably be full-frame in the next few years. drat this expensive hobby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
I'm gonna get a UV filter for my 24-105 but that's only because I'm taking it to Burning Man and gently caress having the front element sand-blasted. I'm gonna rig up some sort of zip-loc bag housing and tape the poo poo out of it to at least try and keep some of the dust out. That and not change lenses, open any of the compartments or anything until I get out of the desert. What can go wrong!?

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
So, I’ve started to think about getting back into just some hobby photography again, as my girlfriend is also expressing some interest as well, and my current body is a Canon EOS 60D, and a range of entry-mid level lenses (including several “red-rings.”). My question is, what is sort of the modern equivalent of the 60D in APS-C? I’d be looking to replace the body only, and ideally under $1000.

60D is still a great body but I’m in a position where I can upgrade to something more contemporary. I like shiny, new (or even slightly used) things.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Thanks, everyone. This gives me some really great places to start and research to do.