Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

I got sick of futzing with the RF rear lens caps in dark photo pits where I need to swap lenses quickly so I came up with this solution. The white area lines up with the contacts which are infinitely easier to see from the top in any situation instead of the dark red dot on the side and black on black line. I can’t believe no one has made a better one yet (even a 3d printed one?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I was thinking of just finding some that slip on but don't twist. I had some on my Nikon kit and they were so much easier. I should try some like that made for EF.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The 24-105 2.8 + 100-300 2.8 replaces a lot of lenses for sports/photojournalist folks and probably comes out about equal in price and weight. Absolutely worth it for them though.

Also crazy how the 24-105 2.8 is even better than the 24-70 at all ranges and wide open, about equal to the jump from the f/4 to the 2.8 at equivalent aperture/zoom.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

quote:

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

drat, that would be sick.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah for night shots and concerts/some specific sporting events it would immediately be the best lens ever made on the wide end (assuming typical L line quality)

Would be an incredible video lens for the C70 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Very cool lineup for the R7 though and the crop line was what was lacking the most for Canon mirrorless. Eager to see what else follows for full frame.