Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

ShadowCatboy posted:

I'm a lab biologist so I have some idea of what I'm doing. :)

Milk will bring nothing to the party though flavor or texture wise you might as well be "Marinating" in water.

Also since when did being a biologist have anything to do with cooking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I am bad at taking photos but ok at making steak.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Paper With Lines posted:

That looks pretty awesome. Nice crust. I bet there was a fuckload of smoke.

I tried to do the ~newly in vogue~ reverse sear on the grill (I'm usually a dry cast iron guy) and ended up with a smoked steak.

Don't get me wrong, it tasted good. But it was drastically overcooked for a 14 dollar New York Strip. I ended up eating some of it as steak and then used the rest of it in sandwiches or with eggs.

I only cook steaks on cool windy nights so I can open every window in my house. If it does not look like a smoke bomb in the pan when you drop the butter in, you are doing it wrong.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Paper With Lines posted:

I've never burned the butter when I use it to make steak. You add it towards the end, it isn't the primary oil.

It yields a tasty steak, to each their own but butter works.

• Locked thread