Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber
Apr 13, 2009

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

bombhand posted:

I use stainless steel and generally don't have a problem. My method is probably far from ideal because I'm lazy and I settle for "good enough", but what I do is I pat my room-temperature steak very dry with paper towels, oil and season it, and then put it into a hot, dry pan. The steak will release from the pan on its own once it gets a sufficient sear on it. I finish with butter before resting (but after I've got a crust on both sides of the steak).

Steak purists will tell you that a good steak cooked properly does not need a condiment of any kind. I tend to agree, but if you like steak sauce, use what tastes good to you. I don't know if you're going to find great recipes for steak sauce in here as steak sauce is a way to make a lovely overcooked steak palatable, but if you haven't tried HP or A1, maybe do that. Or horseradish, I guess.

I'm a huge fan of a just caramelizing some shallots to the pan and then deglazing with some red wine. Reduce down to a nice thick consistency and spoon over the steak. It's heavenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread