Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

fknlo posted:

I was too busy eating to remember to take pictures of the juicy innards.

Still though, looks like a pretty well marbled chunk of meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

While I am a fan of the cooking method, I'm not super sure that is marbled enough to warrant what you paid for it.

I'm a noob though so I hope others in this thread tell me I'm stupid because I love sous vide.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

That looks pretty awesome. Nice crust. I bet there was a fuckload of smoke.

I tried to do the ~newly in vogue~ reverse sear on the grill (I'm usually a dry cast iron guy) and ended up with a smoked steak.

Don't get me wrong, it tasted good. But it was drastically overcooked for a 14 dollar New York Strip. I ended up eating some of it as steak and then used the rest of it in sandwiches or with eggs.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Drifter posted:

Ho ho, zing!

You can't seriously tell me that burning the gently caress out of butter is ever a good thing.

I've never burned the butter when I use it to make steak. You add it towards the end, it isn't the primary oil.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

New Kenji post on how to grill a steak. Nothing new but nice all the same. He's still all about the reverse seer.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/05/food-lab-how-to-grill-steak-cuts-of-steak-marbling-salting-charcoal-technique-resting-tips.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Oh heyyyyyyyyyyy guys. Long time no see.

I reverse seared some skirt steaks by using my weber to both smoke them during the reverse part and the sear part.

do it.

it owns.

• Locked thread