Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I love doing steaks on the grill, that may make me a plebe but that's okay :). I heat one side of the grill on high, the other side on medium-low. Put the steaks on the hot side once it's up to heat(usually 450-500 on my grill's thermometer, which is probably wrong). Cook for 80-90 seconds then turn 45 degrees. Cook for another 80-90 seconds then flip and do the same thing on the other side.

After that I test the steaks(use your finger/thermapen or whatever). Usually this is a nice medium-rare, if we want them a little more done I'll throw them on the other side of the grill for 40 seconds a side or something. Then let them rest for awhile before eating.

You don't get the nice uniform crust on the grill but you do get beautiful, delicious grill marks and it's pretty easy if you are cooking more than a couple steaks. Plus it only takes like 10 minutes tops and you are done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread