Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

braveplan
May 1, 2013

So Lisa resigned from Twitter's Community community or something?

I miss Kumail.

braveplan fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This episode of Harmontown was absolutely loving incredible, holy poo poo.

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

Pretty much.

I didn't really enjoy Dan's generations rant, but the rest was pretty great. I can usually understand where Dan's coming from, but at one point he was basically saying Millennials need to stop talking, and I'm kind of surprised no one called him on that. "All the things I like are Gen X traits, and things I don't like are Millennial traits." At one point he accused Jeff of thinking like a Millennial, as if that's an argument. Then again he was probably only half serious about the entire thing.

I hope the Jarl eventually becomes a villain in D&D. He's just another rear end in a top hat like Darkstar who would use the shards to remake the universe in his lovely image, and Dan probably wouldn't mind getting back at him.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
I think Adam Goldberg may have won me over, this week. His subreddit story was pretty relatable-- particularly the part about Levi being an annoying cringefactory. He showed a level of self awareness that I always assumed he didn't have. But, maybe jumping in to the spotlight often enough will force that upon a person.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Arstan posted:

I think Adam Goldberg may have won me over, this week. His subreddit story was pretty relatable-- particularly the part about Levi being an annoying cringefactory. He showed a level of self awareness that I always assumed he didn't have. But, maybe jumping in to the spotlight often enough will force that upon a person.

Either that or he just drank more at the shows early on

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Drunkboxer posted:

Either that or he just drank more at the shows early on

The moonshine was discovered way into the show.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Pretty good Harmontown. Only one rant where one of them shows a total lack of understanding of the world around them. They need to get Kumail up there faster, literally as soon as he got on the stage the show became gold.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
During the whole 10% gay thing I was screaming in my head "WHERE IS KUMAIL TODAY"

Of course, they bring him out after the debate.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I could have done without Dan's weird pantyhose/foot fetish stuff at the beginning.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I can't figure out how so many people in this thread seem to like Harmontown but hate rambling diatribes and awkward sex talk. Both of those things seem pretty essential to the Dan Harmon Experience.

Do you all just listen to hear which version of Xanadu Jeff plays at the end?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Random diatribes are fine, but it helps when it's a subject that either of them know anything about.

For example, one of my favorite Harmontown bits is Dan's advice for writers. It was funny and legitimately useful.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 12, 2013

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Dan is the guest on the lastest Duncan Trussell Family Hour. Haven't listened yet, but can't wait.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Has Jeff always been young Greg Proops (that's not a bad thing) or is this a gradual thing?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Has Jeff always been young Greg Proops (that's not a bad thing) or is this a gradual thing?

They tour together fairly often, doesn't surprise me that he's picking up some stuff haha

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Extra special D&D cliffhanger in this week's episode:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2081%20MAIN.mp3

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This was the best Harmontown ever. Ever ever ever.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
That Jim/John Belushi joke was unbeatable. Best guest.

CzarTim
Oct 2, 2012

Only as you gasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean.

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

Occupation posted:

This was the best Harmontown ever. Ever ever ever.

Yep, Hurwitz is a god.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

CzarTim posted:

Yep, Hurwitz is a god.

He is, but after this episode I really want David Milch to be a guest at some point.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sakarja posted:

He is, but after this episode I really want David Milch to be a guest at some point.

David Milch is famously one of the most unpleasant showrunners to interview, one who really dislikes dumb or easy questions and is pretty humorless, even about his own show.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Occupation posted:

David Milch is famously one of the most unpleasant showrunners to interview, one who really dislikes dumb or easy questions and is pretty humorless, even about his own show.

Really? I've only watched a few interviews with him, and while he's kind of intense and weird I never got the impression that he's totally horrible or anything. Anyways, the fact that they're both famously "crazy" showrunners is part of the reason why I'd like to have David Milch on Harmontown in the first place. Deadwood and Community being two of my favorite shows is another. But I know it'll never happen, so it's a moot point anyway.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Kurt Sutter could be fun

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Latest episode:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2083%20MAIN.mp3

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I really cannot stand Adam Goldberg. Or anyone from the audience, really. Except maybe that guy who yelled GET OFF THE STAGE at Goldberg.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The Berzerker posted:

I really cannot stand Adam Goldberg. Or anyone from the audience, really. Except maybe that guy who yelled GET OFF THE STAGE at Goldberg.

Tyler's cool, Siike is awesome. And there's been a bunch of one-off guests that have been great.

And you know...Spencer came from the audience.

Anyways I absolutely adore Wonderful Christmastime, but Jeff and Dan's analysis of it had me in tears.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That psychotic Prairie Home Companion parody he wrote kind of shows that Adam Goldberg is pretty funny on the page, he just doesn't have any sort of talent when it comes to timing, delivery, inflection, that sort of stuff.

Also: psychotic.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
For a guy who really, really wants to tell people his thoughts, he's really bad at putting his thoughts into words.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I met Adam at a mixer before he was storming the stage at Harmontown and he is definitely a weird dude in person. He's definitely smart, he's just a huge loving sperger.

I think I have his business card around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

If I remember right the whole reason Dan met Adam is that Adam literally has aspergers.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

The last Harmontown I went to was about three shows back. Adam was sitting one row up and one seat to the right of my position. It's grating enough to hear him shout from the audience on the podcasts but you guys aren't privy to all the quieter mutterings he makes that the mic doesn't pick up. It's constant. My friend Ryan had the misfortune of finding one of his comments amusing, chuckled, and from that point on every time Adam cracked a joke he'd look back at Ryan to see if he was laughing.

Then later I watched as he dug his finger into his nose, pulling and picking around, until he removed it and massaged it onto his lower lip.

Adam Goldberg.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dan and Erin got engaged. Suddenly D&D will get more interesting and Jeff's going to be slightly more jealous.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Adventure!

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I want to hear his analysis of the proposal. Jeff mentioned it on twitter that as soon as the proposal was over, he was breaking it down in the Harmon fashion.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I can see him on one knee giving a twenty-minute proposal.

Is there a new one tonight?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

superjew posted:

I can see him on one knee giving a twenty-minute proposal.

Is there a new one tonight?

According to nerdmelts schedule, yes

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Occupation posted:

According to nerdmelts schedule, yes

I have tickets for it. Should be an interesting one.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Direct link to the latest episode:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2084%20MAIN.mp3

CPColin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 8, 2014

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I haven't listened yet but from the iTunes description, this sounds like a stacked episode. So many good guests (Kumail, Steve Agee, Mitch Hurwitz, Harris Wittels)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

That took me the the Christmas episode...

Edit: Try this one:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2084%20MAIN.mp3

Weembles fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 7, 2014