Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Sorry, but as much as I like listening to D&D, that was hilarious.

But yeah, they need to start it earlier at some point so Dan isn't blackout drunk during D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

Irish Joe posted:

Like if you talking to your stockbroker and asked him if he was looking after your best interests and he replied "if I wanted to steal your money I would have done it already," you would close your account immediately.

Is the stockbroker a monster?!

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

CPColin posted:

Whether he got it or not, it was funnier for him to keep going with it, especially when Spencer had the NPC turn it around so Dan could "catch" him.

......it's LINEVE!!!!

This episode was ironic with Dan saying they stopped editing the episodes so they could put them out there at a reliable schedule, then realize after Alie & Georgia came up that their whole conversation was a wash.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

SoupyTwist posted:

......it's LINEVE!!!!
e: This was an awesome ending.

Sounded like classic Sharpie, to me.

It was awesome to hear Jeff use "sense motive," though. He's come so far!

Arstan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 22, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

SoupyTwist posted:

then realize after Alie & Georgia came up that their whole conversation was a wash.

All the feral audio cross-promotions have been terrible. Then again, I don't like podcasts in general, so maybe its just me.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

All the feral audio cross-promotions have been terrible. Then again, I don't like podcasts in general, so maybe its just me.

They're not all bad, but chances are the good ones are with people knew Jeff and Dan from before. Putting people on who don't really know them makes it a jumbled mess.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
I think Spencer made it funny by having Lineve get annoyed with it. I think Spencer and Jeff save a looooooot of stuff on this show from getting awkward.

I notice a big dip in quality every time Jeff isn't on. Especially when Dan and Erin spend the whole episode arguing.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
Well, he is the Comptroller. Without him, things get out of comptrol.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Spencer seems to deal with Dan a lot so he must be used to him. Hell, he rode across the country on a bus with him.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

superjew posted:

Spencer seems to deal with Dan a lot so he must be used to him. Hell, he rode across the country on a bus with him.

Isn't he Dan's assistant now?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Isn't he Dan's assistant now?

Yup

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I almost feel like Dan is pulling a prank on Jeff when it comes to D&D. Every week he ruins it in some way.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I almost feel like Dan is pulling a prank on Jeff when it comes to D&D. Every week he ruins it in some way.

I feel as though ever since they started their home game, the need to play at Harmontown has been strongly diminished.

Honestly, for my D&D I've switched over to Drunks and Dragons.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Nerd Poker is decent. There's enough there to make up for the (expected) dick jokes, and the group definitely has a rhythm down.

I've only started listening to Harmontown, but Spencer saves the show during D&D. He is also insanely accommodating. The rest is funny, but nothing exceptional. I find myself more invested when they actually stick to the New Harmon Order theme.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm listening from the beginning. Are there any other D&D guest appearances as great as Tylenol /w Codeine? Proops is the best.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Illinois Smith posted:

I'm listening from the beginning. Are there any other D&D guest appearances as great as Tylenol /w Codeine? Proops is the best.

The episode with Ryan Stiles right before they leave on tour is my favorite.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Illinois Smith posted:

Once Kumail becomes more regular after the tour he contributes pretty well to the game.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Illinois Smith posted:

For my money Jason Sudeikis is the overall best guest they've had, although Mitch Hurwitz is up there.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I understand why people like the DnD portions, but I absolutely listen to hear a man over think himself into oblivion. It's undoubtedly because I had a similar relationship, but so many aspects of the Dan and Erin relationship are fascinating and horrifying.

The only thing I enjoy about DnD is Spencer, and to be fair that's enough. His handling of that whole group is hilarious.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 26, 2014

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
According to twitter, Mitch Hurwitz is comptrolling the next harmontown, so that should be pretty good.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Brody Stevens made me want to fill my ears with cement, Duncan Trussel to me is only tolerable on Harmontown, James Urbaniak was underutilized, Christopher Ryan was loving fascinating, Steve Agee doesn't talk much in general, and Johnny Pemberton was loving terrible. Outside of Urbaniak and Harmon, I probably wouldn't listen to anything on feral audio, anyway.

Todd Barry might be good on Harmontown...

Jigoku fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 26, 2014

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Latest episode:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2087%20MAIN.mp3

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
My God Mitch Hurwitz is incredible.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

This episode is so mean, wish I could see video of Schrab's reactions to his evisceration.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

AND they accomplished something in D&D! Solid episode.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
"That was John Pathfinder."

Great episode.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That might be the funniest D&D they've ever done. Schrab needs to be a permanent member of that segment, I was crying with laughter every time it was his turn.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Spencer is really funny now. He was always sorta funny, but now he makes me laugh out loud.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

For me the funniest D&D segment would either have to be when Dan got stomped on and killed for being an rear end in a top hat to the frost giant leader (even though it has Erin insufferably trying to convince the party to put on a show, much to Jeff's annoyance) or the episode the next week when Erin isn't there and they decide to put on the biggest spectacle of a show they can think of to spite Erin.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

ireladd posted:

For me the funniest D&D segment would either have to be when Dan got stomped on and killed for being an rear end in a top hat to the frost giant leader (even though it has Erin insufferably trying to convince the party to put on a show, much to Jeff's annoyance) or the episode the next week when Erin isn't there and they decide to put on the biggest spectacle of a show they can think of to spite Erin.

I was at that first one and it was wonderful.

butts420
Jul 27, 2012
New rap: https://soundcloud.com/el_der/flu-rap-rick-and-morty-episode

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm up to the start of the tour, please tell me Erin's character dies a horrible death at some point.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

I'm up to the start of the tour, please tell me Erin's character dies a horrible death at some point.

Adventure!

Actually wait until Pittsburgh. Part of everyone dies that day.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Looks like the Harmontown documentary is going to premier at SXSW.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Insanity Prawn posted:

Looks like the Harmontown documentary is going to premier at SXSW.

Pee is Yellow, Poop is Brown: A Journey in to the Mind of Dan Harmon

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Illinois Smith posted:

Actually, sorta yes

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Between Philip Seymour Hoffman and Woody Allen, I'm expecting a pretty dour show for tonight

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

super fart shooter posted:

Between Philip Seymour Hoffman and Woody Allen, I'm expecting a pretty dour show for tonight

Surely Dan was at a party watching the Super Bowl with his friends last night.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
It's all about yardage, yardage and possession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Irish Joe posted:

Surely Dan was at a party watching the Super Bowl with his friends last night.
Dan gives so few shits about football, he may not have even gone to a super bowl party unless someone tricked him into going, as JD Ryznar did in this video.