Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Annakie posted:

* There's an easy to miss cave on the world map once you leave Fort Locke that has no quest associated with it but it DOES have some pretty nifty loot and good experience. It's a good idea to go do that map first.

I knew it! Years ago, the first or second time playing through the game, I stumbled on that, and remember there was a large spider somewhere in the swamp. Since then I have spent so much goddamn time looking for that spider in the starting swamp level and never saw it again.

Glad I'm not crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Annakie posted:

That's actually not the same spider.

Oh goddamnit. Guess I'm going to have to play this again like Scorchy.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Cirosan posted:

Any recommendations for Sorcerer spell picks in NWN2? I'm starting a new playthrough of the OC+MotB using Kaedrin's PRC Pack and the mod compilation in the OP.

Haste!

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Jastiger posted:

Ah...well if it was the last level then I'm not going to go back into it. I replayed through BG and BG 2, but I don't know if I could stand to go through NWN 2 all over again. Thats too bad.

Yeah, if you slog through the whole thing again, you'll dislike the ending even more than everyone else. This is a really great LP of it, it can scratch the itch pretty well (and it really highlights the good things about the story):

http://lparchive.org/Neverwinter-Nights-2/

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

I'll never forget the first time, after years of playing, that I first cast an empowered evard's black tentacles on a trash mob. It was beautiful.

Did you go deaf?

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Also try the command "attack nearest" from the vocal command menu (you know, where you can order them to follow or stand their ground or whatever). Might not be your issue but that's happened to me before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

The first one was a few months after the release, and I made it RIGHT to the end, but I couldn't finish, because the True Name Scrolls got bugged and didn't work, making me unable to defeat those three Shadow Reavers just before the final fight.

This happened to me back in the day, too -- didn't end up finishing it until many years later.

It can definitely be a slog, but I enjoyed the OC overall. It's like it misses every mark but it almost hits every mark, so it has its own weird charm. MotB still has some sloggy parts but the story is pretty great. The new "resting mechanics" bugged me but it's easy to adapt to it.

• Locked thread