Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Factor_VIII posted:

If you're morally opposed to killing both evil druids and innocent goblins you could walk away without the evidence. You can finish the game with no problems even if you make a complete dog's breakfast of your defense.

As much as I loved the whole trial thing, the fact that it has absolutely zero impact on your ability to go through the game kind of killed it.
I'm playing through the OC now with some friends and we're MST3king through the whole thing, and I know they're going to love the trial.

And then they're gonna learn it changes nothing. :smith:

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

SodomyGoat101 posted:

Elanee - Marginally less creepy than Jaheira.

It's pretty clear the OC was designed with the idea that 20-something dudes would be playing it.
I originally went through with an elderly wizard-type, which right off the bat seemed pretty odd with an elven foster father and Amie/Bevil apparently being my BFFs.

Then Elanee says she's been watching me my entire life. All 98 years of it. :stare:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

Also, not a bug issue but is there any reliable way to keep enemies from dog-piling my wizard main character at the beginning of every fight?

If you click on other members of your party, you can control them. The best way to handle most battles for squishies, I found, is to send them into battle first, hang back for a few seconds, then start opening up with spells. ST spells first to tink at them, followed up by AoE to finish them off.

Unfortunately, half the time the party interprets your commands as helpful suggestions and often will decide rather to, say, run into a wall right next to the door and stop there or run around in circles.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah. The NWN2 OC is really best with other people, because it's really so goddamned asinine in so many ways. Just have someone determine who the beat up abused foster child every NPC is a giant rear end in a top hat to main character is, and follow their lead.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Drakenel posted:

Cool, if anyone else wants to join in, just PM either of us with skype details and we'll see about getting it set up.

Assuming I don't have the PM feature nor :10bux: for it, how would I go about getting info to you? Just post it here?

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

God drat. I've never played Baldur's Gate 2, but I've been eager to experience it.
I am a terribly shallow person, though, and want to make my own dude in NWN2.

Now I can have both! :v:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

I had infinitely more fun playing the NWN1 OC than the NWN2 OC.

Just sayin'.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Lipton Iced Soup posted:

So does anyone still play NWN1/2 multiplayer? I never got a chance to try it out when I first owned it and now have an urge to coop through one of the campaigns with someone.

I do! Both the campaigns are immensely fun to go through in co-op, due to the highly mockable MST3K nature of the second and due to the kind-of-freeform set-up of the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Abysswalker posted:

I don't understand why so many rpers are such drama queens.

There's about three common things leading up to this.

1: The first (and biggest) problem is that RP tends to bring out the "special snowflake" syndrome so much, because not a whole lot else gives this much degree of creative control and freedom to people. People get really invested in their characters, what they do, how they do it, and it's stupidly easy for even perfectly rational and reasonable people to get upset because they feel their stuff isn't getting enough respect or something.
2: The second is that when you get onto RP servers, there tends to be "celebrities". People whose characters have done such and such feats, or people who are supposedly the awesomest players, or excellent in PvP, etc--and then swelled heads are involved. People who want to be with the celebrities, people cruising by on their newfound fame and becoming jackasses because of it, people who hate them for perceived slights, etc. MMOs are especially notorious for this.
3: The third is that it's also stupidly easy to forget that RP is a multiplayer thing--it's not just one person, it's people hanging out together and shooting the poo poo, basically typing away in an over-the-internet notepad. The goal is to have fun, to do stuff both you and your partner likes rather than just focus on you, but a lot of people want to focus on winning and/or doing what only they want.

• Locked thread