Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Yeah they designed Storm of Zehir to be in that sweet spot of levels (4-15ish?) where you're already past the boring lowbie stage but before the crazy train of epic levels. Sometimes in MotB I feel like I have more framerate melting abilities than I know what to do with. Also aggravated by all the party NPCs other than Okku being casters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Gonna have to start a new game cause I don't remember any goddamn cave.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

I never ever used the warlock character in the campaign or made one as a PC, so I know nothing about them. I've tried one setting up here: http://nwn2db.com/build/?145147

- Does Sneak Attack work with Eldritch Blasts when you've got Arcane Throw?
- Does Improved Crit (Ranged Touch) work with Eldritch Blast?
- Can you just stack all those 24 hour invocation buffs or are they only one at a time?
- Is there any reason to use any blast type other than Vitriolic Blast, since it's suppose to ignore spell resistance?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Yeah I threw in a bunch of rogue levels so I could be the utility character and mix things up, just wasn't sure how well the rules would synergize. Thanks for the answers everyone.

The Muffinlord posted:

For the life of me I can't get Neverwinter Nights 2 to load. I've got the Steam version, and when I start it up, all I get is a black screen. If I didn't have a second monitor, I'd probably have to hard reset my computer to get out of it, but even if I go to task manager, I can't kill it. I've tried drat near everything - I've reinstalled the Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 runtimes, reinstalled .NET, DirectX, the game, tried setting its' affinity to single-core with a shortcut as well as from the task manager, tried fixing the .ini file to point at the right physical drive for a disc, everything. I just wanted to play this miserable game and absolutely nothing is making a difference, except when I set it to windowed mode, it loads windowed mode, but still does the same thing. The only way I can get out is to restart my computer, which is a pain in my rear end.

Has anyone else run into this? What did you do to resolve it? I fix computers for a living and quite frankly it's getting absurd that I can't solve this.

EDIT: Hey system specs might help:
Core i5-3570, Geforce 660 Ti, 16gb of RAM, Windows 7 Pro x64. I previously had a system with Vista x64, a Core 2 Quad, and a Radeon 4850, and that could run the game just fine.

Video card/driver or DRM issue? Check the Windows event log and see if there was anything funky in there.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

How do mods work in MP OC campaign? Does everyone have to have the same set?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Jesus christ.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Undrentide was not good either, it just seemed decent compared to the terribad that was the NWN1 OC. HotU was 3 acts completely disconnected from one another but otherwise it was pretty good. At least it had ambition.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I really didn't like The Witcher and I'm almost always wrong about video games so yea go for it.

I didn't like the first one (the story) nor the second one (the combat), so you're not alone, but everyone else seems to like them.

I even read the The Last Wish to figure out if there was just something wrong with me, but I ended up really enjoying that so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

I don't know poo poo about FR and I really liked the ending of MotB. I thought it was real ballsy in a thematically appropriate way. It was a bittersweet 'you don't get what you want, but you get what you need' deal. I felt satisfied. Ignorance of FR lore is bliss I guess.

• Locked thread