Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Another Wichita goon representing, I live at 29Th and Rock, it passed like a mile or two south of me. Still made my car look life a golf ball, but I avoided serious property damage. Then an hour ago a semi hit my car. :suicide:

Used Sunlight sales posted:

You don't like GMO crops and hate Monsanto? Then don't eat. Literally, don't eat anything except poo poo you pick off trees and bushes in the wild. I guess you can have Mushrooms and whatever meat you want, as long as it's from a wild animal that isn't finding corn some where to eat. EVERYTHING has something in it that is GMO these days, if it didn't we would have starved in the 50's. GMO hybrid corn from the Garst company saved this country from starvation during the drought of the 50's. Corn, wheat, rice, all the cereal grains have been genetically modified throughout mankind's' existence. Today we do in a lab what took the Native Americans a couple years to do in a week. We grow what we grow because that's how it had to be done to get to this point and feed the world. Modern production agriculture in the US has become what it is for a couple reasons.

What the general public thinks GMO crops are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7SkrYF8lCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

New glass and seal from JD was 240.

A new polycarb door is 750. and they last about as long in the brush as glass, but they scratch really easy and when you stop cutting trees and need to do dirt work, it's too scratched.

The Deere and bobcat sales people tell people to not get the poly carb if they are going to be sawing trees. A lot of guys have tried them and everyone has gone back to glass doors.

In other news, I dropped a 125lb tub of crystallized cow mineral and protein on my left leg. I didn't break it, but that was 5 full days ago and it still hurts like a bastard. It's still swollen up, and all sorts of interesting colors. I'll post pics later, I promise, it's too gruesome to not share.

Today was my first full day back at work and all hell broke loose last night weather wise. Ridiculous wind, insane hail and rain like I have never seen before in my life. I would rather go through a cat 4 hurricane again than have another storm like last night. I've got about a thousand acres, coincidentally where the fuckin cows are standing that is stripped bare. 80% loss of forage. Never seen anything like it.

I've got some pics, but mostly I am tired, sore and covered in mud. I'll share, I promise, just not right now. It's been a very very long day.

That just seems odd that the glass doesn't have the same safety film as like the front windshield of a car. You can take a car's windshield and roll it into a tube, fold it into a box or whatever and the glass will all remain in one crushed up piece. For that matter, I would guess you might be able to get some window tint film and put on a few layers and that might stop or reduce the shower of glass effect.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

<all about hamburgers>

Thanks for the informative post. What is the average lifespan of cows and bulls? How much do cows and bulls usually weigh, how much do steers normally weigh when it's time for shrink wrap? And last, how can they tell the quality of the genetics? Is it all a visual inspection or is there testing done to determine who the next lucky bull will be?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for your informative reply about bovine! As for the youtube dilemma, did you get any footage of the wreck or did you just roll up on the aftermath? As interesting as watching some dude staggering around with his ear torn off sounds, I wouldn't post that kind of video to youtube due to privacy issues. All the car wreck videos I remember watching on youtube are usually just a few seconds before impact + mechanical carnage and cut off as soon as the cars stop bouncing.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

:aaaaa:

There is no way you can convince me that tree is from Kansas. . . I grew up in western Kansas where the only trees are windbreaks, and 3 naturally occurring trees throughout the rest of the county. I've seen a bird so desperate it made a nest from barbed wire, I simply cant believe this barren state has trees like that.

• Locked thread