Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
My dad grew up in Kansas, with his two brothers - one of whom is since passed away but the other still lives out there. You ever heard of Osborne? It's at about your latitude but at the very northern part of the state.

It sure is pretty country out there. One night we were out on some hill by my late uncle's farm, and a giant moon was rising into 180o of sky and just as the sun had set about a million coyotes started howling.

I spent the day at his neighbors cattle op, I got to see such things as:

-Two stillborn twin calves delivered with the aid of some kind of ancient, rusty metal chain winch contraption
-An elderly man use the word "twat"
-Cow poo poo so mucky you could probably sink and die in it
-The "dead pit"

And I got to attempt to drive a stick shift John Deere that was old as hell and massive. Goddamn if I couldn't figure that thing out. I don't remember if I was old enough to drive at that point.

We've got 6 acres that we keep 4 horses on and a little Kubota tractor that is a piece of poo poo out here in South Carolina. But it doesn't compare at all.

BTW, come hang out in the Recovery megathread in the Crack Head Clubhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread