Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
this thread is loving awesome. About that "robot scoop arm" on the elevator, is that as cool as i imagine it is in my head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
I really appreciate your explanation of the elevator thing. I did not know that a grain elevator was so digital. I see them driving to my mom’s house a lot from the city and always just sort of assumed "big place you keep the stuff beer comes from in".

Do you have a way to reduce flooding on your land? Digging drainage paths and the like? Or is that actually good for a ranch? I am an actual agriculture idiot. I feel like the whole career field is still at least 50% magic.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

They also explode from time to time. It's surprisingly complicated trying to manage it.

If you ever get a chance to go inside one I highly recommend it.

That poo poo is nuts, I know about any fine substance being explosive but gently caress me grain explosions kill 18? Nature. loving nature.

I would be really interested in seeing the inside of a grain elevator, and look forward to actuall dump trucking. Please continue to live out 5-year-old AcidRonin's Farming career fantasy's the lot of you.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

I ate cow last night and it was good. My roommate in school lived on a cow ranch in Northern Virginia but it was so much less cool than yours. They had a farm use SUV and like 8 cows. Nothing cool. Your ranch is much cooler and has awesome big machines. Farming is magic, thank you for the cow meat.

EDIT the post button is not the edit button :hurr:

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Motronic posted:

You know you want some of this.

I do. I want all of that. And a speaker for Bitchin' Betty what tells me when it's too hot and that all the things are starting up. I look forward to finding parallel street parking for the bobcat I’m buying after work
Fakeeddit: I suppose I could just use the digger bit too *~Remove~* my neighbors :hurr:

RealEdit: Roomate just called to let me know that the guy next door was very mad for the 18th time that his driveway was 1/8th of an inch blocked by my roomates car. I will buy the bobcat and then engage in construction projects like flipping his solara over.

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 26, 2013

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Sweet suburban justice. I will mechanize neighborhood watch.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Used Sunlight sales posted:

How was your week?

I turned wrench on my new bike in suburbia and cried deeply when i realized it would never be as cool as your army of big machines. I then went to the store and bought some cowflesh to cook for dinner. It was tasty. That story about flipping a fat guy’s car into a pond about made my day though.

Part of me wonders what a cow must thing when they see you in big machines or a big section of fence get vaporized. Then i realize that it's a cow, and it cant understand.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Ferremit posted:

Then get up and run like your arse is on fire because you failed to see the black Angus bull in the mob and he's bigger than your car!

This sounds....like something that should not be done :ohdear:. When you say Mecca, do you mean the JD Store or something? I don't think DC Has one of those....so I'm not really sure.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Yes, and my thought behind the joke is that it's a pilgrimage I seem to make a

The joke was funny, I just don't have any experience buying name-brand industrial farm equipment. Something that torments me nightly. I take it they are one of the best for this sort of thing? Seems like they do good work though (I.e. Comeing out to your ranch and helping with installs) but maybey all these farming-gear companys do that :iiam:

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

I have myself talked into trading in my Harley on another Harley..... Put here or in CA?

Might as well use the Sunlight mega thread :). I suppose the Harley is NOT for ranching?

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

US TAX CODE posted:

Deductible local transportation expenses include the ordinary and necessary expenses of going from one workplace (away from the residence) to another.

sounds like a tax write off to me!

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

West SAAB Story posted:

Yes, and if you get caught running it for purposes other than intended, you tend to get spitroasted.

DO you just not have criminals in the country? Who the gently caress is patrolling the use of your "farm use only desiel" card? I never thought i wanted to move to the midwest untill this thread.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

So it's literally just actually red? Their is no change in the actuall chemical itself it's just red to let the IRS know you didnt pay tax for it?

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Mooseykins posted:

I think in Ireland (ROI) they have green diesel instead of red.

Heh. They would wouldnt they.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Out of curiosity, what do you power with the solar panels? I would assume buildings on the ranch? Also how does one win the "Excellence in Grazing Management Award" because the son of a bitch is mine this year.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Yes, the cows are #1, they pay the bills. They get taken care of first. Some days that takes all day, some days...about 45 minutes.

It's nice being really flexible, there's a patriot guard ride tomorrow morning that I am going on for example.

Heh. Cue mental image of you pulling up in dump truck, "Hey Cows, you guys good?"

:cow: moo.

"K, cool be back tomarrow"

Also do i even want to know what WBC is protesting near ranches....?

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

OR. You could show up to the protest with a legion of Heifers. Just saying. Nothing says quit your homophobic crap quite like a stampede orchestrated but the cow wizard.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

The Midniter posted:

Shoot it with a tranquilizer, use your Bobcat to get it into your dump truck, deliver to owner. Easy!

"excuse me sir, i have found your grumpy bull"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Back to the grind, anyone want to come take a 'working vacation' and be my 'driver' for a couple days? :getin:

Don't joke. I think the constant wall to wall traffic makes your job look super extra appealing. That and the idea of doing a "Prescribed burn" of certain parts of my office fills me with a more than likely unhealthy giddiness.

This is probably the wrong thread for this completely but since you have answered questions about ranching and cow things before, can you explain why this thing with the cattle rancher in Nevada is 'a thing'? I feel like I have missed something every time it comes across the news. Look forward to more dump trucking!

• Locked thread