Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

My grandparents ran a trucking company and the first vehicle I drove was a dump truck. Which I stalled a million times, but it was one of the most enjoyable vehicular experiences I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Motronic posted:

God dammit I might have a bit of a man crush on you after that diatribe.

I definitely have a lot of a man crush on this manliest of manly men, this operating operator who always makes sure to operate operationally, literally the coolest dude ever who also has a cool dogge and a great facial hair configuration.

Also: How often do you pop wheelies in that 333D? That was always my favorite part of skid-loader operation.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Used Sunlight sales posted:

N is for Nipples, 333D has tracks, not tires, so no wheelies.

...maybe you're just not trying hard enough.

Excuse me for being dumb. I knew well it had tracks, I watched every single video on your channel.
(they were all great)

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

The gently caress is that?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Sockington posted:

A piece of a tree. They grow in the wild.
That's what I assumed, but the red bits were making me think it was the wing of some horrid beast he had conquered with Johnny Deere's Triple-Three D "The Cedarslayer" Compact Track Loader.

ought ten posted:

Put a camera on Sam. I want to see a day in his life.
Please do this.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Sam cam would be pretty boring I think. She's really laid back. Mostly it would be her following me around, looking out the windshield, watching me work or sleeping. I guess if you want to see three minutes of me walking so you can look at my butt I'll make the video, but it's a strange request.
Boring to you, but riveting to us city-folk!

And we all know the working man has the greatest butt.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

That was a really cool video. Glad to see the Cedar-Slayer back on its 'feet.' And cool to see two operators operating to restore a fellow operator to operational status for continuing operator operations.

Treefighter approved.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

At least you kept the mud on the hill and not in your pants.

In all seriousness, it's a lovely (no pun intended) situation to be in. As far as I've seen it, though, the only thing worse than sliding down it in reverse is sliding down sideways when you know you're topheavy.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Ouch. At least you weren't hurt too bad. How much does a new windscreen run you?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

It kind of makes me wonder why they don't do laminated and tempered glass in one. It seems like a good idea in my head, but I'm sure there's a great reason as to why not.

I eagerly await gruesome leg pix.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I... swept out the bed of my truck because it had some branches and dirt and stuff in it, and broke up some concrete.

I don't think anyone could be any be more badass than you, at least here on SA. :(

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I'd love to see your Harley from about 50 different angles.

I'm also pretty curious as to what kind of bumper you've got on your truck there. I'm no stranger to bumper replacements but it looks good from what little I can see of it and I'd love to know more.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I just hope nothing stupid occurs. The WBC is basically the Church of Trolling, and they get their funding from suing people who get mad and do poo poo to them.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, KSP will do that to you. I hope your house doesn't catch fire.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Man, those trucks are so cute, especially with different various attachments. Like an adorable plow, or flatbed, or box, or garbage compactor...

I wonder if you could get one with a fifth wheel and an adorable semi-trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I find that it's not a matter of how fast you can go in that little truck, it's a matter of how fast you want to. Just remember you're the first one to the scene of the crash. You'll beat the other guy there by a couple hundredths of a second at least.

I think you're a pretty good driver, you could probably beat the paramedics there by an hour or two! :haw:

Also you need a 'Dog is my co-pilot' sticker on every vehicle you own.

• Locked thread