Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Used Sunlight sales posted:

I like Deere because they have the best parts system on Earth. Need an obscure part for a rare combine that they only made 500 of 40 years ago? They can get it next week.

Mobile techs are not cheap, but neither is downtime. It's about a half day project to haul it to Deere, 3 hours is about what it takes to get there and back, load, unload and do all the loving around you have to do.

They should be able to run down and troubleshoot the electrical gremlins I'm having in a couple hours. Hopefully it's something warrantied.

Basically every company that sells heavy equipment or ag equipment has a small fleet of mobile service trucks.

If it's covered under warranty does that also cover the labor, or are you on the hook for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

How much time are you devoting to hauling rock/whatever else, versus your normal daily gig? I know you don't really have a "normal daily gig" but aren't your cattle your first priority? Just interesting to me to learn about time management when it comes to your sort of lifestyle.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Shoot it with a tranquilizer, use your Bobcat to get it into your dump truck, deliver to owner. Easy!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Great pics. How did you manage to break your ribs? You healing up okay?

That baby Cat is adorable.

The enclosed cab of that Kubota seems very livable but looks hilariously out of proportion from the external view. Those are 4WD, no?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I have a dumb question regarding 4WD systems. You mentioned the Kubota having a high, medium, and low range. Most 4WD systems I've seen on passenger vehicles that have a transfer case usually just have high and low ranges. Does the middle range simply mean the addition of an extra gear in the transfer case with a ratio in between the high and low ranges?

• Locked thread