Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Used Sunlight sales posted:

I got a new phone and I'm still a bit behind the tech curve and haven't figured out how to get pics out of it and to Imgur so I can post them here. I was transferring them to my computer and uploading them, but there's got to be a better way.
Which Phone? This forum is full of geeks, I'm sure one of us can help. If it's a smartphone, there's a good chance there's an app for Imgur. I'm on Android and I know there's one on the Google Play market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

Used Sunlight sales posted:

Oh, duh. I'm using a Galaxy S5 on Verizon. I have tried a couple apps, but none are really satisfactory.

Ah, I have the same phone. Personally, the official app has been garbage for me. It's pretty spotty when connecting. I've had far better luck with ez imgur. Anything in particular that you didn't like about the other apps you tried? I can play around with a few and see if any are better.

Or, like rscott mentioned, you could try something like dropbox/skydriveOneDrive/Google Drive. Those usually have a photo sync feature so that uploads are automatic, if you like.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

jonathan posted:

Hrmm,

Speaking of, I use an old beat up Galaxy Nexus. What is the most efficient workflow for using the Android SomethingAwful App to upload a photo from my phone to the forums ?

Good question. I mostly use the Awful app for browsing. I figured I'd test it out now.

Sample pic:

Well, with the above pic, I used EZImgur. It uploaded easily enough. Problem is, when I try to get the URL to post the pic, it just copies the URL. It doesn't offer the bbcode like the full site does, so I had to add the [timg] [/timg] tags. I'll have to play around a bit and see if there's an easier way.

• Locked thread