Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Used Sunlight sales posted:

Annnnnd now we're under a tornado watch. Fantastic.

Oh hey, I have heard tell of one on the ground about 100 miles from here.
The line is moving this way, sky is still clear, but there's a lot of energy in the air. Last year I had two rotating wall clouds buzz my house at low altitude, and a rope tornado dropped out of a third one that missed me....by about a mile, literally.

That's pretty fuckin close if you ask me.

edit: from my twitter feed; Public reporting golf ball sized hail 4:13pm 4 miles SW of Utica in Ness county
That's a long ways away.

check out chasertv.com

Hey there tornado dodging Kansan! I'm up in Wichita. Nice to know there are more than 3 of us around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Colonel Sanders posted:

Another Wichita goon representing, I live at 29Th and Rock, it passed like a mile or two south of me. Still made my car look life a golf ball, but I avoided serious property damage. Then an hour ago a semi hit my car. :suicide:

Wichita goons, Hi. please don't stalk me. I have lots of guns and am highly allergic to strangers in my drive way. :D

I only have one gun :( (and it sucks)

mini Wichita derail: Rscott and I are off Harry and Rock/Webb. Why are we not doing cooler goon things?

Also, did you know the local SCCA is in dire need of land for a Rally-Cross event? (there hasn't been one since 2008) and me with a dirty Subaru and only straight dirt roads. :(

How much lasting/total damage does an event like that do to the topsoil/land it is hosted on? I would only guess its some rutting and such from multiple cars going over the same course.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Lasting forever damage? Not too much i'd think, as long as there were no major fluid spills. There'd probably be some bad ruts, out here it would have to be done on top of a hill. I might have a spot, how big of an area do you need for one?

I have a Subaru too, but it's not yet time for that in this thread.

About the one gun, don't worry, it's not about the size of the weapon, it's how you use it. ;)

These guys would know how much space is needed, http://www.wichitascca.org/ or rallycross specific info http://www.wichitascca.org/RallyX.html .

That'd be awesome if there was space. :swoon:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'm sorry to hear that man. If you need to step out to clear your head, feel free to come up to Wic.

First few rounds are on me.

• Locked thread