Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Used Sunlight sales posted:

I deduced the transmission combo on my Pete, it's an Fuller super 10 with a single over Brownie 4 speed. I can't seem to find any published shift order or the gear ratios, can anyone help?

You sure it's a super 10? Anyway it sounds like it is someone's lego build, which is cool. My guess is you only use the brownie for starting heavy and then stick it in direct until you are in the big hole then put it in OD.

Might give you an idea, but I'd be careful as you could have doubled up gear ratios somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

The last time I drive it is when I made the shifting video. I think I ran up the low side in second on the brownie, got to the high hole and went to direct before I ran the high side. I'm just wondering if I am splitting the top two holes right. If it's not a super ten, it's still a ten speed that is a poo poo load easiser to stir around than the Rockwell RM 10 that's in my dad's Freightliner.

So do you shift it like a 5 speed with a 2 speed rear end? The main box. Because that's what a super 10 shifts like, or do you dogleg into 6th only splitting the main box once before you go on the high side?

I'm guessing it might feel more like this:

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Also, do you grow your own hay? I saw a roll bale in a video and was wondering if you grew hay to feed my hamburgers? I know some ranchers do, and I was wonder if you did, what watering system you used.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Even leaving aside the inheritance tax situation, which I think is plain wrong anywhere (taxation on what someone accumulated "net" over a lifetime, when they were already paying tax on their income? Yeah, piss off. The UK threshold is ridiculously low, too, about half a million dollars), I get a lot of what you're saying about the way the environment, and agriculture specifically, is regarded. I have a decent rant myself on the subject of people who've never been outside a city wanting the whole countryside to be some kind of quaint theme park for their own amusement, rather than a working environment.

It's like the people who say that if we stopped using cattle lands and grew crops on them, we could feed the Earth nothing but green herbs and spices. But they completely forget that you can't grow on every inch of land that a cow can graze off of. Simplest thing to do is to Googlemap 95% of northern Nevada, South East Oregon, and Southern Idaho, toss in some Utah and understand that's all cattle land*. In order to change that over to growing crops, you would have to do such a massive earthmoving project it would be insane.

As much as I would love to watch Extreme Farming and love to see the Combine Hill Climb Events, it's not a good use for the area. Plus the people who go and visit the area tend to be dumb and they are found the next spring after going down a road with a sign that says "here be monsters" blinding following their GPS in their 40 foot Winnebago on a seasonal road.

*Yes, they also farm poo poo here as well. And many farmers also run cattle over their fields after they are picked for the cow to eat and poo poo on.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Fo3 posted:

Is that some type of mushroom?
If so, it looks like a Morel. Read more:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3489363

http://youtu.be/TDpt9iicEow

Looks safe to me. Just have some B12 and orange slices on standby.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Hey before I forget, again, be careful if you get a wild hair up your rear end and want more power out of that Cummins in your big truck. Don't just go hog-poo poo wild and pump the fuel pressure way up, you'll eat the camshaft that way some old timers say.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

I saw this guy the other day, anyone got details?

I see those guys all the time. Fucker must have got lost and ended up down there. Not every day you get Royalty down there is it? Strange thing is they aren't an Idaho Company.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Funny story. Spring 2012 pop and I went about an hour away with our machines to help a friend clean out his sump ponds for irrigation. Three day job, we got finished up and paid off, as we were heading out a seismic crew that was working in the area had decided to park two of their trucks right in the middle of our trailers and fuel trailer.

One of the seismic crew trucks was blocking me from being able to get hooked up to my trailer, so I got in my truck and went down the road to find the crew's super. Found him and he said the truck was his, I asked him to come move it and he basically blew me off. I told him that if he wasn't there in five minutes to move his piece of poo poo truck I was going to flip it over in the bottom of the pond.

Mind you, the landowner is a friend and he's been having problems with these jerks, I have been on site for three days and they made my life harder than it had to be more than once.

He didn't think I was serious until I got the corner of my bucket under the back bumper of his truck and lifted it off the ground. That fat bastard came running across the pasture waving his keys over his head so I set the truck down. He hopped in, fired it up and the last I saw of him he was heading south over the hill.

Paul called me a week later and said that the corporate boss of that supervisor came down and had a talk with Paul and left of with a very different impression of the way his crew was operating.

Reminds me of the story a old boss of mine told me, he was working well off road putting in washouts and poo poo in the woods, and hiked out of the site to find that a Forest Service Ranger had pulled up to the rear of his truck and then the ranger used his winch cable to tie himself to the back of the work truck. I guess the ranger thought he was poaching or something, not too sure. Anyway, bossman waited 5 minutes, got bored, fired up the cutting torch and cut the frame rails off the front of the ranger's truck and took the whole bumper and winch with him.

Needless to say it went to court, the ranger was told never to loving do that again, and my boss was told next him just to cut the cable.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

What kind of Hobart is that anyway?

Yeah I've seen some fires get out of control pretty bad before. Between pissing matches from who owns what land, and what you can and can't do on rez soil, some streams got ash choked right before the rainy season, gently caress, 15+ years ago? Not sure what was left in those streams but the ash leeched out enough crap because nobody was allowed to do a controlled burn I think the fishies still haven't returned.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

So here's a little video I shot this morning. http://youtu.be/4IE1tqzBdkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-uV72pQKI

I don't know about you, but I'd start checking for Oompa Loompas

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Wait, you don't have to shove the tube down their nose anymore? gently caress wasn't that how you used to have to deworm them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

In other news I got my drone and have been playing with it, it's frickin amazing what it can do.

http://youtu.be/OY7DcfNn0zM

http://youtu.be/7VY3xG7DXAg

I don't think your cows are fond of your drone.

"Great, our human has found another way to annoy us!"

• Locked thread