Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
While riding the bullet train from Tokyo to Osaka (and back), as you pass by you see every single farm had one of those mini-trucks. I think there are a few manufacturers, of course. Also, a lot of the farmers had a Shiba Inu dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

NitroSpazzz posted:

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/minitrucks - Legal everywhere but the interstate in some states, legal on low speed only roads in others or not at all legal.

"Located on a natural island with an area in excess of 20,000 acres and that is within a county having a population in excess of 4,000,000."

This is an interesting qualification for California.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

kastein posted:

If I had to guess that is talking about the channel islands, specifically San Clemente Island, which the military uses as a bombing range and naval exercise area. Possibly San Catalina as well, civilians actually live there.

I spent about a week in summer 2006 on that island upgrading the data logging and processing systems for their hydrophone array. Fun trip.

Yeah it's for Catalina where it's very difficult to have a car. I just found it odd they just can't say that.
Edit: I love Dog.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 6, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What gets a mother cow mad?
One time when I was walking my dog up in the hills a calf came up to her and started sticking its tongue out like it wanted to lick her but I got nervous because the mom was coming up so I got my doggy away.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The worst thing about fuel loading is how it has affected wildfires. For those who don't know, wildfire prevention leads to "fuel loading" due to the dead trees not being burned away. Fires are a natural occurrence in the wild and putting them out leads to extra detritus being left over and the forest floors getting very crowded. Now what happens is when a fire starts it burns extra hard and hot because of all the dense material left to burn. Instead of clearing out the area it completely devastates it down to the soil, leaving it unable to recover for many years. California is a good example of this.
This forestry lesson brought to you by a community college class I took 10 years ago. :v:

• Locked thread